Blackhole 3.09 L hdd not fount or not initialized

sat24eb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have a problem with BlackHole 3.09L installed on Vuduo2. When I press on red bottom to start to record I got a message : hdd not found or hdd not initialized.
I installed Blackhole on a multiboot with OpenBlackhole 4.3 and other images.
I can record with all the images. I have the problem only on BlackHole 3.09.
It is a beug on this image or I have to do something to solve a problem.

sorry for my poor English
Regards

AlexWilMac

When you describe your issues it's mandatory to describe in detail what you did.
For instance: did you format (initialize) your HDD by the image?
Does the HDD work on the other images in OMB?
Does the HDD work on the image installed in flash?
And, above all, what image is installed in flash? Do you know that, even if OMB images appear to be completely independent, they are not 100% so?
We are not there with you and we know nothing of what you did and what you have.

sat24eb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Sorry if I forgot to give more details.
I have OpenPLI 7.2 installed in flash. Every thing works correctly. I can read and record from and to the internal hdd.
The hdd was initialized since three years ago. I don't remember with which image I initialized it.
The HDD works very fine with all images in flash and multiboot except a problem I have with Blackhole and the record function.
All the images are installed completly independent in a dedicated directory but they can access to the same hdd and /hdd/movie.
directory.
For example I have OpenBlackHole 4.3 on a multiboot like Blackhole image. But I haven't any problem with it.
With BlackHole I can access to the hdd . I can play videos recorded on hdd/movie but I cannot record a new tv program. It look Blackhole can read anything from my hdd but it not give permission to write.

I hope it is clear. My english is poor.

Regards

scorpion007

Vu+ User
I have made the same post at least a year ago, the HDD only works if the BH image is installed in flash not multiboot.

nunigaia

Hi
Sorry if I forgot to give more details.
I have OpenPLI 7.2 installed in flash. Every thing works correctly. I can read and record from and to the internal hdd.
The hdd was initialized since three years ago. I don't remember with which image I initialized it.
The HDD works very fine with all images in flash and multiboot except a problem I have with Blackhole and the record function.
All the images are installed completly independent in a dedicated directory but they can access to the same hdd and /hdd/movie.
directory.
For example I have OpenBlackHole 4.3 on a multiboot like Blackhole image. But I haven't any problem with it.
With BlackHole I can access to the hdd . I can play videos recorded on hdd/movie but I cannot record a new tv program. It look Blackhole can read anything from my hdd but it not give permission to write.

I hope it is clear. My english is poor.

Regards

Check if your HDD is mapped as /media/hdd

Black Hole Apps > Devices Manager.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

@scorpion007
Yes, in the past I also wrote about this problem when BH is installed in omb, but recently I believed I had managed to record but it seems I remembered wrong. A few minutes ago, I again tried that and it didn't work.
@nunigaia
At that time I could not record on the HDD when used by BH installed in omb, I did try to remap it, of course, but it only seemed to accomplish the mapping. It asked to reboot to finalize the mapping and after the reboot... the HDD was not mapped again and so it was not possible to record, only play.
I remember well this because I was trying to compare OBH and BH about some strange behaviours recording 4K channels. But it was impossible to succeed in that.

As I said, I've just tried again, mapped the HDD as /media/hdd, it rebooted and here is the result attached: it reversed to the original situation.

Attachments

• BH-HDD-mapping-in-omb.jpg
    BH-HDD-mapping-in-omb.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 24

AlexWilMac

Yes, as I wrote. The mapping procedure only seems to succeed because after the reboot it gets back to the previous state (/omb).
I also tried to map it as /media/video but then there is no chance of choosing this path in the recordings path menu...

sat24eb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
It is exactly what I got also. I mapped the hdd to /media/hdd instead /omb. The system tell me to reboot. After the reboot it gets back to /omb and not keep my change.

Regards

sat24eb

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I installed BlackHole 3.09 on flash and it works. I can record.
I think the developpers of this beautifull image must do something to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot to all the help and suggestions

This post is closed for me

scorpion007

Vu+ User
I installed OBH in flash and initialised the HDD then installed BH in usb multiboot and the HDD in BH was mounted correctly and now works.

AlexWilMac

But I also have OBH in flash and BH in omb, but it does not work. Only... my omb is installed in HDD and I believe this is the problem. Probably it was not foreseen by the omb plugin's author such a scenario.
Where do you have the omb images installed?

AlexWilMac

Exactly as I supposed. Only... if the plugin allows to use the HDD, we have a problem somewhere. I should say that I don't know if in the plugin or in the image. But...
I have many images installed in OMB (in the HDD) for comparison and the only one that is not able to use the HDD and map it is BH.
That said, among the ones I have, BH is also the only one based on vuplus code.
I'll try other ones based on vuplus code, basically VTi or the original image itself so to understand if it's a vuplus code bug or only a BH one.
If other people use OMB from their HDD, please report about BH, VTi and original VUplus behaviour about recording.