Blackhole update ,STB crashed

Comm55

Vu+ Newbie
Bought this Vu+Solo2 last April(wos) been working reasonably ok. Decided to update the old Blackhole , Then Green screen shows 'crashed'. Must confess, I'm am quite ignorant about these things ,as an 'old codger' just baffled.. A young fellow originally fixed things for me ,now,he has moved away..Any help of course , greatly appreciated

Comm55

Vu+ Newbie
Hello mick and thank you for the prompt reply.All that I can now see is"Service unavailable,check tuner configuration." I will look through relevant issues re 'menu,and try to do some kind of check.cheers

Mick12334

You need to set up your Tuners, which all depends on your satellite dish.
Do you have a motorized satellite dish, a fixed dish system, or both?
Go into the Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration.

Comm55

Vu+ Newbie
So sorry should have mentioned, single fixed dish.My grandson(adult) suggested that I ought to try and change the long list of progs and look at forums re peg ?? And to update Blackhole!
That's when it all went wrong.. By the way Mick we tried to config tuners(one only) still using
Astra at 28.2E, but as stated cannot configure tuners?

Mick12334

You need to set Tuner A, or Tuner B, to Simple, Single, Astra 2, 28.2E, you could have done this, during the installation, and scanned in all the channels.
You also need to read how to set up Bouquets, which are just favourites, name them, and copy the relevant channels, to them.
You can have as many Bouquets, as you like, and set them up, as you want, e.g. Music, Sports, Entertainment, Films, etc....
Or you can download others, like vhannibals.
You have a lot of research, and playing, to do, to see just what your receiver is capable of.

Comm55

Vu+ Newbie
So sorry, again Mick had an hospital appointment.. The main problem seems to be that each time I go through the rituualof 'setting up' the screen shows ' configure tuners' , which has been done as per your instructions . Some chap much wiser than myself suggested that I perhaps needed. T 're- flash ' the STB ..? Must confess "have'nt a clue only what Iv'e read in different 'threads' Re formatting a memory stick and copying 'whatever' ! to the Vu+Solo 2.Not whinging but at 94, things are not quite the same brain cell wise ! Thanks again for your 'interest'

Mick12334

Re-flashing just mean loading the Image again, in this case the latest Black Hole, in case something didn't load correctly, or the image has become corrupted.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-3-0-1c-vu-solo2-oe-3.26292/

You then unzip, or unrar, the file and place the vuplus folder onto your USB stick.

When you previously updated did you just do it via the VU+ Solo 2 menu options or by following the guides?
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/

Robbo

Vu+ Newbie
Hello again Mick, your last query first, Yes . that's actually what happened, 'Menu , update Blackhole ' !!! . Crashed..!! I know it's easy to realise ,after the event How totally wrong it was to do that. Should have left well alone , at least I was getting a picture. The idea was to lose that long channel list and put some kind of EPG in place , and try an updated version of BH first.. (lesson learned the hard way)..- I presume - right or wrong ? that I have to re-flash with a memory stick ?? Must get my more knowledgeable ?? grandson to read your reply Mick. Much appreciate your bearing with me , and may I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a really great Christmas

Mick12334

Just flash the image, using a USB stick, and follow the onscreen instructions, to set it up, it shouldn't take you too long to have it working again.
I find the cheap Toshiba, USB sticks, work for me, and they're only a few pounds, for the 8GB one, if you haven't got one, just borrow any old USB stick.

Robbo

Vu+ Newbie
I presume Mick, you mean download (what ?) from the 4gb stick I have. Well my grandson -as mentioned , did that yesterday , at least that's what I think he did Made a copy of Blackpole 2.02 un -zipped things and went th'ru the procedure , power off , insert stick ,front power button on etc etc . result;
just a brief showing of Blackhole motif.. !! so I assume 'try another stick ' . ( Must find a 4 gb one ) and try again. Perhaps I'm missing something here Mick; I really thought I had to have the box flashed as per new ? i.e as purchased !

Mick12334

Why would your Grandson load such an old image?
First you mention Blackpole, then Blackhole, both are different images, which are you trying to use?
Download the latest Blackhole, for your VU+ Solo 2, providing it's genuine, which it should be if bought from World of Satellite.

Comm55

Vu+ Newbie
So sorry to confuse things Mick,should have read before sending. Blackhole of course..No ! he( my grandson) or I new that Blackhole 2.0.2 was an old version.Just Don't know enough about the STB school of thinking .Again,he downloaded that from the forum,to 'stick' unzipped the info and tried to load to STB.Seems we are not copying the appropiate data,to 'stick',, that is ...YES, the box is 100% genuine direct from W.O.S.... Thanks

Robbo

Vu+ Newbie
Hello again Mick, now that the 'dust has settled' , I will now either wait for the grandson to return (he's away until early January) or try to get to grips , and copy to a 'stick' from the Vu-community site you gave me .. For now we will give it a wee rest , and hopefully , and eventually get back to normal ?? So for now Mick2334, so many many thanks ,for your perseverance with an 'old codger' Wishing you and yours , A Healthy and prosperous . New Year in 2016...and to all on the forum. Cheers !