Duo2 BlindScan

roverdublin

Vu+ Newbie
I have a DUO2 and I am interested in using the PLUGIN BLINDSAN. However, when it finds some feeds on 20W they are not accessible because I cannot find them in the list of the SATELLIT 20W. I have no regular transponders in this list, is this the reason? I also cannot see the satellite listed when I press the green button. The satellite is in my satellites.xml.
It looks like BlackHole is probably not the best image for BlindSan Plugins, can this be true?

el bandido

Vu+ User
The transponders that are found using blindscan are not saved. This is the reason you do not see them. Open BlackHole has a better blindscan plugin than the regular BlackHole image.

Mick12334

They might be scanning in as Data channels, and not Television, which is why you can't view them.
You can check this by using Dreamboxedit, found in the Tools & Settings section:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-tools-settings.10/

Set up a new folder, on your PC Desktop, and name it Settings, default name, and location.
Download Dreamboxedi, and start it running.
Go to Tools, and Options, then enter your receivers IP Address, in the IP box, click the Test IP Connection option, and if working, then click Save.
Now go to File and select the Fast FTP Download option.
You should now see all the channels, stored on your receiver.
Click the All Satellites drop down box and select 20W, if it's there, and see if any of the channels are set as Data, instead of TV, right click, on the ones you want to change, and Change type to TV.
Once done go to file and select the FTP option.
Send the newly amended file back to your VU+, by clicking on the Send Files to Drambox, followed by Restart Enigma 2, then go to your receiver and see if you can view them.

el bandido

Vu+ User
The better blindscan plugin does not depend on the make of the image, such as OpenPLi. BlackHole uses an older blindscan plugin that has less features for reasons that are unknown to me. The Black Hole image should be capable of running the same plugin as OpenBlackHole.