Bouquet creation and naming

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
I want to create more bouquets for various channels, i.e. movies, music, news etc.
I can go into Favourites and get to add new but can't seem to edit the name, no keyboard or letter list pops up. Do I need to add an app or something to allow this, or enable keyboard somewhere ? Looked in the manual but can't seem to find any info on this.

Also I noticed that I can move channels in a Bouquet but they replace the one I move them to rather than inserting themselves after the channel that is there. Is there a way to do this.
I am getting around it by adding channels I don't want then replacing them with ones I do in the order I want them (hope that makes sense). A bit clunky but it works and these won't change much when done.
Main reason I wanted to opt for movie etc bouquets as they would have smaller lists in them so easier to maintain.
Any help appreciated John

Mick12334

If using Black Hole bring up the channels, by pressing the top/bottom arrow button, then press the Blue button, to bring up the Bouquets, followed by the Menu button and Add Bouquet option. To name the Bouquet you use the number pad, 1-0, like text buttons, pressing certain ones, a few times, gives you different options, button 1 gives you a space option.
Play around with them until you get used to them.
You can also delete, and move, the bouquets, using the various menu options, including enable move option. You press OK, on the one you want to move, use the up/down arrow leys, to place it where you want, then press OK and disble move option, when satisfied.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick just done it and it worked fine, not the easiest but then it doesn't have to be as only rarely used to set up occasional new bouquet. I will back these up to make sure I don't have to do it again :)

Details of the numbers and what they do are as follows.
0 = ? + etc various odd bits, as Mike said just play around.
1 = space 1 . : / etc
2 = abc2ABC
3 = def3DEF The rest follow the same pattern of lower case, the number then upper case. so 4=ghi 5=jkl 6=mno 7=pqrs 8=tuv and (you guessed it) 9=wxyz.

When you press a number it cycles round abc etc each time you press, if you miss just go round again it keeps repeating.
If you hesitate it will apply the letter and move on to the next one so keep pressing until you are happy with it. Once the letter is there it can't be removed, it just gets moved up. If that happens just exit without saving and start again.

Mick12334

You can delete using the arrow, next to the 0.
These arrows are also useful for zapping between channels, as they can zap back, and forth, between the last ones you viewed.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
I will no doubt use that when I have to reflash yet again :(
I haven't tried Zapping yet, I just checked the use guide (more of a wooly, I think it is somewhere over there sort of writeup thingy really) and the arrows you mention have no notes on them in the remote controls section.
More and more I see a really good box let down by very poor information. The guide is very wooly hence the need for so many questions here. Still can't record anything, oh well. I will write a set of notes on my next reflash, this may help others.