BOUQUETS in Enigma2 images.

AlexWilMac

Although I have already posted something, I decided to get my previous messages about this topic more complete and to post here (as I cannot post in the HowTo section)

In Enigma2 images you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.
This is simply a group of channels where you can put together whatever channels you like, SAT ones, terrestrial or mixed. So, the approach is different from traditional decoders, where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.

The first thing important to know is that ONLY channels within a bouquet are numbered: so, in the other views (ALL satellites or single SAT/DVB-T) they are listed without any number.

So, you can zap to a channel typing its number, only if it is included in at least one bouquet.

The second aspect is that the first bouquet in your list will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3... will be the first channels from the first bouquet.

The numbers in the following bouquets follow the order: so, if the first bouquet contains 150 channels, the second will start from 151. (Actually, there is an option in GUI preferences, to start numbers in each bouquet from 1, but I find it uncomfortable).

You can create as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in more than one bouquet, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button (to select the satellite you want or the terrestrial services) or RED to show ALL your channels together.

The bouquets' order, as the channels order in each bouquet, can be edited either by the GUI itself (but it is quite a slow process) or by the OpenWebInterface (WebIF, in short) of the image (just typing your box IP in a browser and using the Bouquet Editor section); or there are software for your OS (iDreamX for MacOs until 10.14 or DreamBoxEdit and DCC for win, and others).
So, the advice is to use the WebIF Bouquet Editor or computer software for the initial creation and arrangement and for any massive editing. Instead, you can use the GUI just for minor changes, like adding or deleting or moving a few channels.

Or, at least as initial step, as @nunigaia suggests, you would also use AutoBouquetMaker, that's included in OBH (so, no need of an additional plugin, there) or it's a plugin in BH.

But, for sure, without bouquets is a huge mess and it's like getting back in time, when we had old concept STBs ;)