Box green screens and reboots in loop, need HELP!!!

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Hi All,

Wife was watching TV this afternoon and the box green screen and restarts in loop. Didn't do anything special with the image.
I had a backup of the image from yesterday, flashed it but still green screens in loop.
Was able to get some crash log from HDD.

Could someone from BH team take a look and let me know what can be the problem?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Crash.rar
    46.3 KB · Views: 29

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Looking at the crash logs you have many plugins such as crossepg and many more that are not part of the original image.
The box will not just go into a loop unless something changed, at a guess it is the skin.
If you know that it is a skin then ftp and delete the skin folder and the box will revert back to the default skin.

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Thanks

I have Skin Factory 8, have been runing it for weeks now and the image without any crash, the only plugin I installed yesterday is EPG search, do you think this can be the problem?

Thanks

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
For sure, we test all images before you get them but we can not test every plugin that exists.
My advice is to make a clean install and then use the software manager to back up you basic setup such as settings.

Palinkat

Vu+ User
OK, I removed EPG search with DCC but it still green screens. Before that I never had a crash so I don't know what's going on. I took a picture of the green screen, maybe it can provide more info.

Thanks

Attachments

• SDC13313.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 28

Palinkat

Vu+ User
From the screenshot, I removed Python-Twisted-Core and that got me past the green screen but now none of my plugins/extension requiring internet work.
Arghhhh!

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Did some more digging, below are the plugins/extensions using this Python module:
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube
* enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-webinterface
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-cccaminfo
I removed them one by one and it was the Webinterface "causing" the green screen. I have no idea why it could have suddenly caused the box to crash. I tried to install it back using DCC and it still green screening.
Can anyone shade some light on what could be the problem?

Cheers

Tamaki

Administrator
Did some more digging, below are the plugins/extensions using this Python module:
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube
* enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-softwaremanager
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-webinterface
* enigma2-plugin-extensions-cccaminfo
I removed them one by one and it was the Webinterface "causing" the green screen. I have no idea why it could have suddenly caused the box to crash. I tried to install it back using DCC and it still green screening.
Can anyone shade some light on what could be the problem?

Cheers
Probably something got broken in your img and it is difficult to make it work perfectly again.
Maybe the best way to solve the problem is to reflash your box.
For the future my advice is to install one plug at once and try it and see if all is ok so you can identify what causes the problem and eventually remove it.

Palinkat

Vu+ User
Thanks Tamaki,

Is the webif in BH image different from the base VU+ image? If yes, do you have an installable package for webif I could try.
Otherwise I will wait for the next image, I can live without the Webif until then. I had the image at a very stable stage for 3 weeks now with the extra plugins I needed so won't bother reflashing until there's a new image.

Cheers

Tamaki

Administrator
Thanks Tamaki,

Is the webif in BH image different from the base VU+ image? If yes, do you have an installable package for webif I could try.
Otherwise I will wait for the next image, I can live without the Webif until then. I had the image at a very stable stage for 3 weeks now with the extra plugins I needed so won't bother reflashing until there's a new image.

Cheers
Bh webif if the same as vu+ image.
If you want i can give you the webif i have in my box.

a911

The BH Lover
Looking at the crash logs you have many plugins such as crossepg and many more that are not part of the original image.
The box will not just go into a loop unless something changed, at a guess it is the skin.
If you know that it is a skin then ftp and delete the skin folder and the box will revert back to the default skin.

I tried once cross-epg,,,,and removed it because it forces the Automatic refresh of epg on the images and then e2 restart , which may some times interfere with open TV epg stream refresh from the channel U watching.
Some plug-in do alter the image file coding,,,,and usually the author of plugin state that in his introduction or give a choice to disable @ plugin setup!

Because, I do lot of plugin testing,,,,always have my back up ready to re-flash the BH image,,,,when green screen shows !

BH image is a stable as ever, only problems with plugin or addons!

Rgdz
a911

Palinkat

Vu+ User
I tried once cross-epg,,,,and removed it because it forces the Automatic refresh of epg on the images and then e2 restart , which may some times interfere with open TV epg stream refresh from the channel U watching.
Some plug-in do alter the image file coding,,,,and usually the author of plugin state that in his introduction or give a choice to disable @ plugin setup!

Because, I do lot of plugin testing,,,,always have my back up ready to re-flash the BH image,,,,when green screen shows !

Rgdz
a911

Thanks A911, I don't have any issue with automatic refresh and E2 restart with CrossEPG. I don't use the automatic downloads anyway. I was having much more trouble with the BH EPG, after downloading more than 2 providers, the box would green screen on me. Never had a crash with CrossEPG :).

a911

The BH Lover
Thanks A911, I don't have any issue with automatic refresh and E2 restart with CrossEPG. I don't use the automatic downloads anyway. I was having much more trouble with the BH EPG, after downloading more than 2 providers, the box would green screen on me. Never had a crash with CrossEPG :).

Then try EPG import plugin,,,,its good and stable I used it with other images not with BH!

Tamaki

Administrator

Rgdz
a911
I never had a problem with cross epg. i tried ver.177.

Tamaki

Administrator
Silly question, but where do I copy the files exactly and do I need to register anything?

Thanks
Expand di file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions.
You should have the dir WebInterface under /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions.
Then try to restart enigma2, and see if all is ok.

JuzaSP

Vu+ Newbie
Expand di file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions.
You should have the dir WebInterface under /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions.
Then try to restart enigma2, and see if all is ok.

Sorry, I'm new to this world, this evening I had an error loop with webinterface (I set up the same port for http and https access and I think this caused the green loop screen, however the error is "Address already in use"), my problem is that I don't know anything about telnet and how to access the vu+solo during that loop screen, there is a way to stop that loop screen, remove webinterface plugin and try to download it again ? Thanks a lot