Solo2 Box stuck in "Flashing" message

E11even

Vu+ Newbie
Hi experts,

I've had this new Solo2 for about a month now running the original Vu+ image without any problems.
This morning, when I've turned it on, it was stuck on the "Loading GUI" screen and checking the /var/log/messages, It kept throwing the following error:

"Jan 1 01:01:20 vusolo2 user.err kernel: [LCD]: unknown cmd 0x1015"

After searching on forums, I've tried a couple of things (e.g. deleting timers.xml) but to no avail.
Since most recommendations pointed to reflashing the box, I've downloaded the latest image from code.vuplus.com and tried flashing it.

The problem is that, from what I understand, this should take about 3/4 minutes, but mine has been stuck with the "Flashing .." message for almost an hour now... something went terribly wrong.

I've read about the new anti-flashing measures by Vu+ for cloned boxes, but following the guides available at their web and on this forum, mine checks as "original" for all the items described.

To avoid making things worsw, I've not yet powered down the box, but I'm completely lost on how to proceed.

Any recommended action would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and apologies for the long post.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Just reflash with other low capacity (less the 4 GB) USB FAT32 formatted stick using frontal USB slot. Leave box completely without power (rear switch off) for at least 1 minute.