Bugs introduced with last updates

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everybody.
I am the owner of a Duo2.
I installed OBH last January and I update regularly. I think that in the last month I updated twice.
The last updates have introduced some bugs, mostly related to PiP.
The description of the bug: I press the up arrow (from the central disk) of the remote control to show the list of channels, I scroll up or down to select a new channel but then when I press ok to switch to the new channel I get an error window "PiP. No free tuner " (and of course PiP in not in use). On the other end, if I switch channel by using CH+ CH- (to the right of the central disk of the remote control), there is no problem.
Please, give priority to fixing this bug because it is really annoying. And please be careful when releasing updates.
There are still a few issues that I will post in separate threads and that are not related to the last updates.

AlexWilMac

I can assure you there are not such issues neither in OBH for Duo2, nor in OBH for Solo4K, otherwise we would have hundreds of messages.
Can you tell us your box tuner configuration?

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
My fault, I posted in the wrong forum. Please, is it possible to move this thread in 'OBH general'?
The bug is real.
I have a Duo2 with 1 HD satellite tuner.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Just to give some feedback after almost 3 months.
Sometime the "No free tuner " message still appears with no reason when trying to change channel, but now it is infrequent (not a major problem).
When I posted in June, it was really annoying because it was very frequent and, as this problem showed up out of the blue, I deemed it was due to an update.

AlexWilMac

No, there isn't such a bug. "No free tuner" is one of the simplest messages because it is due to a simple situation: you are trying to record (or watch, if you are already recording) or stream a channel from a different transponder from the one you are watching (or recording).
Or, also, you are trying to watch/record/stream more than one encrypted channel if you've got a regular CAM-CARD kit.
In the post 2 I asked you about your tuner (detailed) configuration and, I add now, your VU+ and LNBs configuration.
If we don't know how many (physical) tuners you've got, how many LNB/DVB-T antennas you've got, how is possible to assist you?

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
"No free tuner" appears (very infrequently now) even when NO recording or streaming is in progress or about to start (I minded that aspect :) ).
I just try to change channel on the same satellite (possibly a different transponder, but that should not be an issue). In June I noticed that that the problem was related to the PiP (it was written in the error message) and indeed I usually zap though encrypted channel.
As I already wrote, I have a Duo2 with 1 HD satellite tuner. Two LNBs (diseqc, Hotbird, Astra 19), no DVB-T.
Actually it is not a major problem now (but it was in June). However, if the bug could be fixed, even better.

AlexWilMac

"No free tuner" appears (very infrequently now) even when NO recording or streaming is in progress or about to start (I minded that aspect :) ).
I just try to change channel on the same satellite (possibly a different transponder, but that should not be an issue). In June I noticed that that the problem was related to the PiP (it was written in the error message) and indeed I usually zap though encrypted channel.
As I already wrote, I have a Duo2 with 1 HD satellite tuner. Two LNBs (diseqc, Hotbird, Astra 19), no DVB-T.
Actually it is not a major problem now (but it was in June). However, if the bug could be fixed, even better.

So, it's not clear: the problem appears if you try to have in PiP two channels in different transponders/satellites? Remember that PiP with channels in different transponders, need 2 TUNERS, not just one because it's like trying to record a channel while you are watching another one (again, always if they are in different transponders).

For encrypted channels, is not possible to have PiP even if they are in the same transponder.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
The description of the bug I gave in June still holds:
I press the up arrow (from the central disk) of the remote control to show the list of channels, I scroll up or down to select a new channel but then when I press ok to switch to the new channel I get an error window "PiP. No free tuner " (and of course PiP in not in use). On the other end, if I switch channel by using CH+ CH- (to the right of the central disk of the remote control), there is no problem.
I can add that I normally zap among encrypted channels (Tivusat, but the channels are not all in the same transponder).
I never saw this problem before June.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
when I press ok to switch to the new channel I get an error window "PiP. No free tuner " (and of course PiP in not in use)
Sounds as if OK button was assigned to PiP the selected channel, could be useful to check button configuration, just in case.
I would've done a fresh install immediately after such an annoying bug appeared, instead of dealing with it for months.;)

AlexWilMac

As far as I know (and I tried this again a few moments ago) the only ke_y of the remote that it's not possible to assign to whatever function, is the OK.
The other ke_ys can be assigned by
MENU/Impostazioni/Intefaccia utente/Impostazioni tasto
(ss I guess you have Italian as the GUI language, I wrote it in Italian)
It seems as you press BLUE in the channel list (which is the way to activate the PiP with the selected channel in PiP).
Or, you have modified the keymap.xml.
Anyway, probably the only solution, is to reflash.
Regarding tivusat channels, zapping is not a problem but in their case, the "same transponder" rule it's not valid: for instance, you cannot watch a tivusat channel in the transponder x and recording/watching/PiPing another tivusat channel even if it's from the same transponder.
But, as you are sure there isn't a problem with these situations, it doesn't matter.
Actually, there is another possibility (unfortunately): that someone is using your box. I'd put a password to the root user and change the OpenWebinterface port from its standard.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
I did not reassign the remote control buttons, before.
However now I just started to play a bit with keymap.xml and I achieve some effect. I would need information about the proper <map context="..."> and <key id="..." mapto="..." flags="..." /> to modify, so to avoid experimenting. If you can please point me to the right place for this information it would be nice, otherwise I will make a search.

If I press the BLUE button while the channel list is showing I get the favourites, not the PiP with the selected.

PS I added a password to the root user. However, my box cannot be seen from the Internet (at least I hope so) and I think that OpenwebIf is only accessible via an Ethernet cable (am I wrong?)

AlexWilMac

I did not reassign the remote control buttons, before.
However now I just started to play a bit with keymap.xml and I achieve some effect. I would need information about the proper <map context="..."> and <key id="..." mapto="..." flags="..." /> to modify, so to avoid experimenting. If you can please point me to the right place for this information it would be nice, otherwise I will make a search.

I'd put an original keymap.xml file, in case it was corrupted. I'm not expert at editing it.

If I press the BLUE button while the channel list is showing I get the favourites, not the PiP with the selected.
Yes, I meant not immediately after entering the list of channels, but after (also) going to the cursor to one of them.

PS I added a password to the root user. However, my box cannot be seen from the Internet (at least I hope so) and I think that OpenwebIf is only accessible via an Ethernet cable (am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong, otherwise almost no viruses would affect Windows PCs before the laptop era ;)
Whatever device is connected to the INTERNET web, is connected.

)

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
I made a copy of the original keymap.xml, before modifying it. However I will not have time to experiment until the weekend. I'll look for other sources.

About accessing my box from the Internet, I will pay you a pizza if you succeed :)
Its hostname is 'stb'. Which domain do you think it belongs to? How would a name server resolve the name? The Fully Qualified Domain name of the box (something like stb.some.domain.com) should be associated to a valid IP address in some name server. The IP address of my box is of the kind 192.168.0.x , which is used for LANs, so there should be a firewall mapping that IP address to a valid 'static' Internet IP address. Which one?
My box accesses the Internet via an Internet Service Provider, which creates a temporary valid IP address (unknown my box) in order to route to the receiving end (the OBH updates server, for example) the IP packets originating from my box using that temporary IP address. The firewall/router of the ISP then receives also the response packets (from the OBH updates server, for example) and knows how to forward them to my box (not through 192.168.0.x, I think it is through the network MAC of the wi-fi hardware of my box, I am not aware of other possibilities).

Cheers.