Buying my fists Vu+!

eura

Vu+ Newbie
Thinking of buying my first Vu+ reciver, having only Dreambox before. In that case it will be a 4k receiver with 2 tuners.
I have look on Vu+ Solo4k but I also see it a new Vu+Duo 4k SE coming soon.

So what will be the difference between this 2 ?
Have Solo 4k the DVB-S2X tuner ?

Thanks in advance

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Do you like one big box or many little boxes under your tv?

I like many little lightweight modular boxes so I went Uno 4K + many USB peripherals (dvb-t tuners, card readers, usb HDDs, usb thumbdrives, etc.). I'm a bit self conscious of saying it because it sounds stupid on paper, but I'm also contemplating velcroing said little boxes (including the 0.7kg Uno 4K) to the back of the tv (it's a 75", and the Uno 4K comes with a cable extension for the IR remote receiver). Try that with a Solo 4K or Ultimo 4K.

BUT i still have to test the reliability of all of this with a USB hub. Parts are still
coming in. So take everything with a grain of salt.

Additionally I think I read the Solo 4K has a slightly slower CPU than the Uno 4K.

If you have a fixed budget, I would spend the extra money on a UnicableII 32-channels LNB to fully enjoy the FBC dvb-s2 tuner in a Uno 4K, rather than spending on an "old" Solo 4K or an overkill Ultimo 4K..

eura

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you,I like one box with all the feature including a Hdd. So any advances with a hybrid hdd ot just a normal ?

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
I don't think you would have advantages with an hybrid ssdhd honestly..but I leave that to people who have actual experience with that..

As for the decoder...if the price is not a problem for you I'd go all in with the Ultimo 4K so you have the fastest processor, HDMI IN (imagine using that with a Chromecast Ultra or a Sky box and doing PiP and stuff, or just the convenience of having it in your channel list) and you can use the official Bluetooth remote control (Vu+ Bt/Ir remote) so you don't have to point the remote to the decoder.

Solo 4K is old.

Uno 4K doesn't fit your needs.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Too early to say, and with a Ultimo 4K I think you will be able to upgrade when the time comes.