Cannot get the EPG for CNN, BBC World news,Al Jazeera etc.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Very recently I cannot get the EPG for Euronews, CNN, BBC World news (Europe), Al Jazeera and NHK World Japan. All other (40+) channels are OK, including BBC 1 and 2.

I am using Crossepg and have tried multiple times to download the EPGs onto both USB and onto HDD. No effect.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

(Early October I tried 3.0.6 but that image gave me a lot of problems so I went back to 3.0.5 L. So I do not want to do that again to try and solve my problem.)

Vu+ Solo 4k; Blackhole image 3.0.5 L
Vu+ Duo; Blackhole 2.1.7

AlexWilMac

I have them: have you tried to update the rytec providers (through the specific command of Crossepg) and then have you chosen the provider "News Channels XMLTV (xz)" ?

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the reminder!
I have always had the "News Channels" provider chosen. Over the past week or so I have refreshed the rytec providers and have always got 83 providers. Last evening I did it again and got 89 providers!
That solved my problem!

(I just wonder why suddenly I did not get these EPGs. What happened? And why it took about a week to get 6 new providers. I tried all known to me alternatives without success. It's not so good to be dependant on just one method or source of getting EPG's!)

Thanks again for your reminder.

caramba

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem, when I refrech the rytec providers I get 83 providers.
Have also chosen News Channels XMLTV (xz) and Norway, but I don’t get EPG for the Norwegian channes.
Black Hole 3.0.7 Vu+ Uno4K

satpal01

Vu+ Newbie
I have just update to black Hole 3.0.8. on zero. have chosen the rytec files for denmark.
after download the epg,dat file is 22 bytes long.

is it only me there have this problem.

AlexWilMac

I have them: so you should try again. What do you do after choosing your XMLTV fonts? Did you save this choice? Did you give the Download command? And what do you see while it executes the command.
If you don't solve, although the fonts are the same, you might try EPGimporter, too.

Nordic Channels EPG work just fine with CrossEPG and you dont need to download for all countries to get working epg for all of them.
But every quarter they change the sid for some Channels so you have to do a new channels search sometimes to get all EPG Working.