cannot retrieve rytec sources

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys

I'm having an issue trying to update rytec providers since I upgraded to BH 2.1.5 as crossepg returs this error message "cannot retrieve rytec sources".

Anybody can help please? It seems that the download link has changed and needs updating in a futur build.

If someone could zip and upload his /usr/crossepg/providers/ folder that would be very helpful.

Matrix10

Administrator
Nothing to do with the BH image

Not working in all versions .

I have been open, until now, about the configuration files for Crossepg and XMLTV importer.

This open policy has lead to abuse of the download sites. So I decided not to disclose them anymore, and only provide them to the dev's of the applications who will update the applications when there is a need for updating the download sites.

Crossepg is 3rd party plug-in. So it will be maintained by the author. Contact the author and ask him to update his software pls.

Willy

Matrix10

Administrator
And this from 7 .03.2015

The sifteam.eu server has problems. Maybe you have problems with that?

I have contacted Sifteam.

Their server seems to be unavailable to me. I cannot update it anymore. (or delete the files)
The last update has taken place on March 1, 2015

To make things worse, people can still access the content of rytec.sifteam.eu, but is completely outdated.

Open the rytec.sources.xml file (in etc/epgimport) and delete the lines which refer to sifteam.eu.

Save and import again. You may have to restart enigma to force a new download of the channels file.

Willy

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Matrix10 for your quick response. Looks like crossepg devs will have to change the download link from their end and maintain the conf files by themselves.

Will restoring the old rytec /usr/crossepg/providers/*.conf files from a backup fix the issue? (even temprarily, I will not touch them again)

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie
Juste saw your second response.

rytec.sifteam.eu is accessible from my end and it refers to xepgdb providers. I switched to xepgdb a couple of days ago and it worked fine until all TV programs became blank; no title or description. I can still force a download and it works "fine" without network error but the programs are blank, I guess as you said they are outdated and crossepg displays only current and future programs.

JalaL

Vu+ Newbie

Bisca

Vu+ Newbie
I managed to rebuild /usr/crossepg/providers/rytec_france_xmltv.conf with the following content and the programs are now loaded correctly.

description=Rytec France XMLTV
protocol=xmltv
channels_url_0=http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/rytec.channels.xml-sat.gz
epg_url_0=http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/rytecxmltvcsat.gz
preferred_language=fre

Can anyone zip the /usr/crossepg/providers/ folder and upload it please ? This should solve the issue.

Really, many thanks for this solution. It worked for me and until Crossepg makes an update now I am able to load my programs for french channels.

I hope this issue with Crossepg will be solved shortly in a permanent manner.

Many thanks again and again!

Lukasz K

Vu+ Newbie
It doesn't work for Polish channels. Is there anything other than changing preffered_language I need to do ?

Many thanks for your help.

LePouSAT

Vu+ Newbie
Is it possible to have the update for XEPGDB Providers sources ??? Cause here, on my Ultimo, XEPGDB works great and is way faster to update than rytec or XMLTV ...

Thanks in advance ...

LePouSAT