cannot update

chris found

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have been trying to update but cannot get the VU box to add even black hole, tried various sticks to no avail
This is driving me mad

AlexWilMac

Please, give us every details about HOW you are trying to flash (not update: update is another process, performed after an image is already running).
1) How did you format your USB stick
2) are you sure you downloaded the correct image file for your model?
3) how exactly did you prepared the stick? What folder do you have in its root? And what folder and files you have within?
4) Did you disconnect every other devices
5) what exactly happens when you try the flashing procedure?

chris found

Vu+ Newbie
I put in vix that initially worked but a couple of days later it moved from 8 channels to 2, this has caused me move but that where I am
Please give me a solution
Chris

chris found

Vu+ Newbie
Please, give us every details about HOW you are trying to flash (not update: update is another process, performed after an image is already running).
1) How did you format your USB stick
2) are you sure you downloaded the correct image file for your model?
3) how exactly did you prepared the stick? What folder do you have in its root? And what folder and files you have within?
4) Did you disconnect every other devices
5) what exactly happens when you try the flashing procedure?

Hi
The normal way to FAT, just copied the file, the result it ignores me

AlexWilMac

do you hava a hdd in box?
if it's western digital BLACK please pull out of the box and flash
Why should the HDD or SSD model be an issue? Have you direct experience of what you claim? And, if so, are you sure it wasn't a coincidence or it wasn't a failure in your HDD the problem?
Such a statement is quite absolute: the experiment should be replicated by (at least) two items of the same model.
I very much doubt the HDD or SSD model would do any difference in the flashing process: surely, it'd be the first time ever.
Usually, the reasons are elsewhere.

Another suggestion to @chris_found is to try a different USB port. Although the guides always refer to the front port, the flashing process might work also when using the other ones. Perhaps your front port does not work.
But, remember, 95% of times the issues originates from the USB stick.
If you have a friend using MacOs, ask him to format under this system as MS-DOS FAT: I've never ever had any need of changing USB stick. I think I've used so far at least two dozens of totally different stick without problems formatting them by a Mac... ;)

AlexWilMac

Obviously, I'm talking in general. And about this "known" issue, please, give us the evidences and the references.

chris found

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Gone backwards, back to 2 channels, so trying a different image in case ths is too old to allow multiple channels, will re-flash and see if this works
Chris

chris found

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Trying to get a grip of this issue is I think limited by the drive speed, look at the access of a standard drive to an SSD, the SAD is 10x faster
It as perform better than anything else, but saying this I realised the VU box is tempermental, where it sometimes it records and someting it does not, sadly the software needs to be tightened up.
Chris