Duo2 Can't find channels, tuners broken?

Cinnic

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!

This is a long story even when I leave some details out.

I am having a hard time with my Duo2 at the moment.

I was running Hades 008 without problems for maybe 4 months. Then it started crashing more and more often. I changed the card and had to put in a CI+ reader and got everything working again for about 2 months. Then more crashing until one day it wouldn't boot up again.

So I started to test out all the new images. So far I've tested all versions of BH from 2.1.1-3.0.1, VTi 8.2.0-9.0.x (with and without updates, with and without removing unnecessary stuff), Open VIx Hades 008, 018 and 3.2.027. I even tried the original image and the latest VUPlus image.
I have also tried updating the bootloader.

Now, at first I rejected the new images because they let me get through the setup, find my channels and set up a bouquet only to crash and never recover - new flash required.
Then as I went on testing and kind of settled for latest VUplus image which seemed stable. But I could not get the time right. I messed with timezones and manual setting of time but the display clock and the EPG did not have the same time so I had to try something else.

I got back to VTi 8.2.0 (because of the CI+ thing) and flashed it again. Only this time it couldn't find any channels! So I tried an older BH install (2.5.1) which I had run previously. Still couldn't find any channesl but when I restored an old backup I got a picture.
But then it crashed and I had to put something else in so I tried the latest VUplus image. Well, no channels come up on a scan.

I have gone back to many of the previously tested images but none can find the channels. Not even the BH 2.5.1 with restored lists.

I also had my cable network checked by the provider and everything is more than ok up to the receiver.
Signal strength before checkup about 70%, quality 65%, after 99/99.

So:
A: Are my tuners screwed?
B: Why doesn't any image suit my box? (Because of A?)

My Duo2:
- DVB-C x2
- currently on BH 3.0.1
- CFE v2
- HDD 250GB SSD

Unfortunately I can not give you any crashlogs since the crashes are always fatal.

Thankful for any advice!

Cinnic

Vu+ Newbie
Oh, I forgot to tell you.
I've tried scanning with only one tuner connected, both tuners connected, even switched the tuners on the motherboard.
And also all different kinds of scanning methods...

Mick12334

DVB-C are cable tuners, did you check that your cables.xml file had the required information, for your location, after flashing the new images?

Cinnic

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I have tried both with and without.
Usually the images don't contain cables.xml but the channels can still be found when scanning frequencies.

Mick12334

Did you check the cables.xml file, in Microsoft Excel, or other suitable program, to see if the information, for your region, was correct?
As I don't have cable, or cable tuners, in my Duo 2, I think I will leave this thread for someone else, with a similar set up, to try to work out your problem.

Cinnic

Vu+ Newbie
I haven't given the xml too much thought since it's missing altogether in other images where I've been able to make successful scans in the past.
But yes, I checked it and my provider is listed. Still I have no way of finding out if the data is correct...
Also, I only use frequency scans, not by provider which should make the cables.xml redundant.

Cinnic

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, some progress.

I messed about with cables.xml and found the correct frequencies, symbolrates and modulations (after some detective work). I also copied the contents of a month old bouquet backup (/enigma2).
So I finally found the channels! Weee!

On the downside, BH 3.0.1 crashed immediately when I switched channel.
Can anyone tell me something from the log?

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1450649640.log.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 7