Changing from DM to VU+ for internet streaming

Kan-G

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Guys,

I would like to change my DM800SE for a VU+ Solo2 or should I wait for the VU+ Duo2?

Let me explain: I'm fully satisfied from my DM800SE, but, sometime I would like to watch some series from Internet Streaming. Actually, I didn't find a plugin or whatever to be able to do that from a DM with any image.
Do you have some experiences with the VU+ Solo2?
Is it simple to watch internet streaming on it?

Many thanks for your future advice and answer.

Hope the forum can be helpful to find solution.
Best Regards

Kan-G

barabba

Vu+ Newbie
With my Solo2 I can't watch any streaming flow via Opera browser due to lack of flash player plugin.
Maybe we can watch streaming programs by using some plugin (MediaPortal?), I have to search and try...
I suppose there's no substantial difference between Solo2 and Duo2 in practical operation: lack seems to be software, not hardware.

Regards

Kan-G

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your advice.
Solo2 ordered today.
I'll give a look soon and will test the Black Hole image :)

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
The solo 2 option is probably best. I use a slingbox with my solo 1,works fine and works with any device. I would love to upgrade to solo 2

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
With my Solo2 I can't watch any streaming flow via Opera browser due to lack of flash player plugin.
Maybe we can watch streaming programs by using some plugin (MediaPortal?), I have to search and try...
I suppose there's no substantial difference between Solo2 and Duo2 in practical operation: lack seems to be software, not hardware.

Regards

Not really true of course. All models (except solo) support HbbTV now and if that is not a Internet streaming application then I eat my hat. All models support multiple pugins for Youtube and that definitely is also an example. There are many more plugins supporting individual sources. Universal access via Opera with all possible player pugins is indeed not available. There are many sites that don't work with flashplayer either!
Flashplayer support should be possible on solo2 and Duo2 processor wise though. That is a matter of software plus matching licenses. Don't forget the later as it sometimes is the main inhibitor.

Kan-G

Vu+ Newbie
Hello @all
Just received the Solo2 today.
Installed BH 1.7.9.3 with the new drivers and vhannibal settings => wotk fine.
Faster than the DM800SE

Now, a newbie question:
I have sound from the HDMI to my TV, but I use another sound system to listen in the whole house.
How can I have the sound from the rear RCA (cinch) ?
It was working with the original image from VU+

Thanks for your advice and help.

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Hello @all
Faster than the DM800SE

Now, a newbie question:
I have sound from the HDMI to my TV, but I use another sound system to listen in the whole house.

For TV-channels with DD5.1 sound the Downmix feature needs to be enabled (yellow button). Only the downmix stream is next being output to analog. I hope this is what you need. If playing music works but a TV channel does not then this is the problem.
No idea how the original image looks like these days.

alom23

Vu+ Newbie
Hello @all
Faster than the DM800SE

Now, a newbie question:

hi . can you please tell me which receiver has better picture quality on sd and hd channels . thanks

barabba

Vu+ Newbie
Not really true of course. All models (except solo) support HbbTV now and if that is not a Internet streaming application then I eat my hat. All models support multiple pugins for Youtube and that definitely is also an example. There are many more plugins supporting individual sources. Universal access via Opera with all possible player pugins is indeed not available. There are many sites that don't work with flashplayer either!
Flashplayer support should be possible on solo2 and Duo2 processor wise though. That is a matter of software plus matching licenses. Don't forget the later as it sometimes is the main inhibitor.

Hi friend, thanks for your reply.
You're right about HbbTV and Youtube... please don't eat your hat!!! ;)
But I was talking about "pure" streaming through Opera Browser ... the same way when I watch streaming flow via computer.
Well, that's not right because flash player is missing.
Nothing serious...
Regards :)

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
Yeh. I am waiting for Duo2 but will purchase it only if additional functionality becomes available differentiating the new boxes fundamentally from the previous models. Obviously all in the Media Player area. Wait and see, but I do expect gradual functions to be added.