Request channel changing problem

colin skidmore

Vu+ Newbie
hello can any one out there tell me why my vu+duo crashs on channel changing i have the latest image 2.1.3. this started when i changed my LNB .is this the problem and why .do i have to change it again

colin skidmore

Vu+ Newbie
now my reciever is on red light only and will not reboot. this happend before but it rebooted 2 day later. the factry reset did not change anything or help.as i said before channel change problem after changing LNB only .i have gone back to old LNB and now will not reboot. just that red light again is this a LNB or reciever problem the motor on the dish is ok

Mick12334

Try disconnecting the LNB, after switching off all power to your receiver, then try booting up without any LNB, or anything else, connected.
The red light problem sounds like a hardware fault, which you can find discussed on the forum, search for threads including Dead VU+.
The channel change problem could be a few things, including a short, in your LNB cable, but equally could be the faulty capacitor, in your receiver.

colin skidmore

Vu+ Newbie
hello again nice to be back, this is an update on channel problem. i looked at cable and found damage i cut off the bad parts on both cables and reconnected to the motor to find out my vu+duo not booting again. this is were i got a new capacitor and peplaced it with the faulty one just 2 find out that was the problem. thank you again have a happy christmas and new year. best wishes and long live VU+