Channel Scanning and HD Channel issue

TAMASOOD

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I had a wonderful experience of getting help here, so I try once Again. Maybe this is not the right forum for it, then please do move it to the right one, thanks.

I have yesterday - after getting superb help from memebers of this board - updated my Vu+ Duo to the latest Black Hole image. Everything is working fine, but...

When I scanne channel on 28.2E the first channels appears in the list of FOUND SERVICES when the Progress bar is around about 30%. Earlier it started almost from 1%. Furthermore I can see it is scanning channels on DVB-S2 for HD channels but no channel is showing. I only get a black screen, where HD channels on DVB-S are showing without issue..... I have almost 63-64% signal rate.

Is this something to do with dish alignment or the box itself or something third? Please advice...

Thanks a lot

Mick12334

How are you scanning these channels in? Are you using the manual search option, and doing it one Transponder at a time?
Have you input all the details correctly,DVB-S2 8PSK, Frequency, S/R (Symbol Rate), Polarity, FEC?

TAMASOOD

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick

I have tried different approches:

1) Did a factory reset of my box
2) Did an Automatic scan - same result
3) Removed all channels again
4) Uploaded satellite.XML ONLY for HD channels (DVB-S2)
5) Rescanne - samme result
6) New satellite.XML (For all channels)
7) Manual scanne (with all the different details of Frequency, S/R, Polarity, FEC everything for different)
8) very same result - I can only Watch HD channels for DVB-S but not for DVB-S2.....

e.g. I can Watch Sylfy but not Sylfy HD :(

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
use ready channel list for your box and test again. if problem exist, tune your dish . normally %30 isn't enough.

Mick12334

I would do the basics, before you start playing with the satellites.xml list.
Re-load the latest Black Hole then do a manual scan, for some HD channels, after setting up your tuner.
Are you using a fixed dish, multiple dishes, or LNB's, or motorized system?

Once Black Hole is loaded go into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration and set to advanced, or for a single connection.
After completing this go back into the men, setup, system searching, select Manual Scan, and enter/select the following:
Tuner A
Type of scan: Single Transponder
System DVB-S2
Satellite: Astra 2 28.2E
Frequency: 11023
Inversion: Auto
Symbol Rate: 23000
Polarization: Horizontal
FEC: 2/3
Modulation: 8PSK

The rest just leave as setup and start searching, it should only take a few seconds.