Compatibility of Vu+ Solo SE with Smarcam for Tivusat

grilloni

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

would anyone on here be able to verify whether the Smarcam modules for Tivusat are compatible with Vu+ Solo SE. I would like to get some assurance before I order the cam and card. Also, any other constraints around images or will all images support the official Smarcam and card? Thanks!

AlexWilMac

Of course THEY are, but you can't refer to them as it was only one type.
The only one I can't tell you anything is the new so called "black" for the new 4K channels. But the "Gold" is already able to decrypt Rai4K. I suggest not to go for the black one, at the moment. But maybe it is compatible as well.

grilloni

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks and Merry Christmas. I tried today but didn't work. Black screen. It's a Digiquest Cam and tivusat hd card purchased on Amazon. Running a Black Hole image on Vuplus solose. It recognises the cam and the card but just doesn't unscramble the channels. I activated the card and got the confirmation email from Tivusat. I've set the default cam to CI using the blue button and even added RAI to the list of providers for the CAM using the CI menu under Setup but no luck. Will have another playaround but would appreciate any pointers on where I might be obviously going wrong.

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
The digiquest Cam sold with the black 4k tvsat card does not work with your decoder because it is a CI + cam and Vu + has not paid the royalties to use this type of Cam in its decoders.
You will be able to make it work only by using particular "artifices" which are not allowed to speak, according to the rules, in this forum.

Last edited:

grilloni

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Newgolfer. The bundle I bought was with a gold card (not the black one). Do you still think the issue is to do with rights?

Attachments

• 1609094634550193679577.jpg
    1609094634550193679577.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 18

AlexWilMac

The gold one MUST work: have you tried it by another image, for instance "our" OpenBlackHole? I haven't tried it under BH for a long time, now, but I'm sure it works under OBH.
Actually, it should work also under BH.

grilloni

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Alexwilmac. No I haven't updated the image for a while. In fact I am running BH3.0.4 from 2017. Perhaps this could be the issue. I will flash a more recent image when I get a chance and see if that works.

AlexWilMac

I confirm that also BH 3.1.0 is compatible to my Smartcam HD (mine's from Humax, but they are all the same, I believe) with a gold tivusat card.
The same is for OBH.
Remember to set the option
High bitrate support to YES

Attachments

• CI-bitrate.jpg
    CI-bitrate.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 24
The digiquest Cam sold with the black 4k tvsat card does not work with your decoder because it is a CI + cam and Vu + has not paid the royalties to use this type of Cam in its decoders.
You will be able to make it work only by using particular "artifices" which are not allowed to speak, according to the rules, in this forum.
This is interesting and sad. If my understanding is correct, the new black card has HEVC and ECP onboard, unlike the gold one. Is it correct? Assuming that those two features will be needed at a certain point, is there any plan for VU+ to go for them?

Actually my situation is that my VuPlus One 4k died (it should be an hardware issue, probably originated by some blackouts) and I am now relying on an old decoder (where I use the gold card). I wanted to go for a new VuPlus (probably the One 4k SE) and couple it with a black card, but if the black card does not work (yet), it is better to keep the old decoder for now :(

AlexWilMac

What is the VU+ One 4K? A new model? ;) The model is VU+ UNO 4K, in every languages and it's not to translate. ;)
Or do you translate Audi Quattro in Audi Four?