Configuring remotely

Gigantone

Vu+ User
I'm totally newbie, I just purchased my virst Vu+ (Duo2) and it seems a very great box! Totally happy with this receiver. I would like remotely configure and control my box from my Windows PC, obviously in my private home network. Yes I know that I can use its remote control (and maybe it's easier....), but I would need to use the box from computer. Unfortunately Duo2's web interface is very poor, and just very few commands are available from there. I hoped that a total control would be possible, as in all routers or similar devices. Is there any other way? Maybe via Telnet using Putty? If so, could you please point me to a complete list of Blackhome-supported Telnet commands and descriptions? If no, any other possible solution is very appreciated. Please note that I need to control ALL receiver's options and features. Thank you.

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
Not quite sure what do you need to do as most things can be done through a network connection or with a FTP prog if you know the ip of the box you can also put that into a web browser and use openwebif to see and watch progs or recordings from epg and HDD.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Well, my goal is to control ALL function and features of the box remotely, making via ethernet connection all possible operation that I do with remote control. In other hands, I need to replace remote control with a remote connection. I tried webif, but very little operation are possible comparing to remote control. Hoping I explained.

yummer

BH Lover
Well, my goal is to control ALL function and features of the box remotely, making via ethernet connection all possible operation that I do with remote control. In other hands, I need to replace remote control with a remote connection. I tried webif, but very little operation are possible comparing to remote control. Hoping I explained.
If its just across your lan do you own an android or I device as these can act as a rcu across a wireless network so no need for line of sight between you and your box. Vu+ player app?

fizzz33

Vu+ Newbie
The app is very similar to openwebif.
Not sure you can do what you said unless someone knows of an addon for that.

paolino

Vu+ User+++

No, you don't explain enough. Use Open Webif. Not old webif.
Open your web browser, insert your box IP.
And click on "Show Full Remote".

Thats all.