Connect Android phone with a VU+

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
So that's the question, are there any guides.
I've installed a zero 4k +PVR in my motorhome.
My Galaxy Note 20 ultra is connected via WiFi and/or data to my home QNAP NAS/VU+ SOLO2 mounts etc.

So I can download films remotely to my phone from my home NAS/VU+ remotely (works fine).

When I'm away from home my phone is usually tethered via a USB dongle to the van zero 4k.

Simply put I'm 'REALLY STRUGGLING' to work out how to get films on my phone onto the TV via the Zero 4k.
Not a newbie question I know: but any advice is more than welcome, many thanks in anticipation.

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
Forgot about trying openwebif.... is this the way to go?
Possibly using putty/Dreambox edit if android versions are out there.

Last edited:
To be honest if i have understand you problem correct its impossible to make this work.
Since the phone is not a valid usb storage device.
This is a driver issue and i am pretty sure there is no drivers for any enigma2 device that works this way.

But if you use the Networkbrowser function from the Zero 4K and its on the same network as your phone
you might be able to access the phone this way. But then you could as easy just do the same between your 2 Vu+

Networkbrowser can be found if you press blue button >> blue button again and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Thomas67 I'll look at that.
For years I've been able to plug my old galaxy Note 4 usb into my home SOLO2 usb and been able to transfer films from phone to the SOLO2 HDD and the home network. Using Cx File Explorer.
I was expecting a similar effect with the Note 20 usb 3.0 but with no luck.
When I connect up the zero4k (I've tried several of the Note 20 usb settings (via the hidden Developer Options) but the zero4k doesn't show up.
I'm missing something.
I've just plugged my Note 20 into the home SOLO2 and as with the zero 4k it isn't seen.
Seems to me.... to be that a Phone setting needs to be set.

Anyone else have any ideas?
(Thanks again Thomas67)

If i am correct none of the Vu+ you have support usb 3.0 so that might be the issue here.
Do you have a old usb cable you can test with and see if your new Note 20 will switch over to usb 2.0

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks again Thomas67... I've gotten myself in a knot this afternoon I'm going to call it a day before my head explodes.
New day tomorrow. :)

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
Yup indeed... tomorrow its going to be a look at the ftp browser plugins... I know I can set up my phone to 'give' in ftp:x.x.x.:y
But not tonight.

Hdp1602

Vu+ Newbie
******Update******

Not an elegant solution but I've put together a way to transfer files (movies).

I disabled broadband (ADSL) on an old 12v wireless router, given it a suitable SSID and created a lan between it and my zero 4k. (anonymous login)
I can now connect my Note 20 ultra via WiFi to this router.
And use Cx File manager to move movies Etc.

**DEFINITELY NOT ELEGANT! **

If anyone has a nicer solution I'd be very grateful.

Please remember this is only to allow me to watch movies from my home NAS when I'm away from home and on the road.

Home NAS > [Internet cloud] > PHONE > [WiFi] > VAN ROUTER > [ethernet] > ZERO4K > PVR > TV