Control centre setu-will it see hdd ?

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I used to be able to see the HDD on my VU+ Duo2 in windows explorer network but now gone.
I saw the Control centre video and looks like what I need, just one question.

My PC currently can't see the VU+ box so will Control Centre ?
If I type the IP address of the box into internet explorer I can see the program info etc so there is some sort of connection.

Just before I install such additional software I assume if I put the VU+ IP address in the control centre window it will show the VU+ HDD even though windows can't see it.

Can someon ejust confirm this for me please.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
As seems to happen these days nobody responds/knows anything.
I tried installing this but ran it and got a data exception which crashed it. Such things are usually at risk of opening a PC to attack so I have uninstalled it.

Not worth having something that might cause a problem if nobody can tell me if it should work.
Trying Filezilla but problems with passwords etc. a ral pain as I don't have a password set on the VU+ but seems I may have to set one up in order to use it.
I prefer stuff that just works or can offer it's own solutions rather than me altering all and sundry trying to make it work.

Oh well, back to google search.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
Just for others with the same problem.
Downloaded Filezilla and this works for me as follows.
Look in VU+ system and Network and look at the IP address of the box (for me VUsSOLO2) and use this as the Filezilla IP address.
Now the bit that confused me as Filezilla asked for a password as I was using VUSOLO2 as the user name. Problem as here:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cyrPR_FC7MQ

User name needs to be 'root' and blank password, then works a treat.
Copies faster than windows explorer used to so to just copy files to and from the VU+ Filezilla seems the business.

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

Just for others with the same problem.
Downloaded Filezilla and this works for me as follows.
Look in VU+ system and Network and look at the IP address of the box (for me VUsSOLO2) and use this as the Filezilla IP address.
Now the bit that confused me as Filezilla asked for a password as I was using VUSOLO2 as the user name. Problem as here:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cyrPR_FC7MQ

User name needs to be 'root' and blank password, then works a treat.
Copies faster than windows explorer used to so to just copy files to and from the VU+ Filezilla seems the business.

Please don´t post external live links, thanks.

Note: The video has nothing related to " how to connect your vuplus STB by FTP ".

best regards
nunigaia