cook toast with vu+ using remote

tobler

Vu+ User
hello
no, is not an overheat issue :D
i have a tv without the hdmi control and so i decided to try another way for turn on/off it (not stand-by, an energy saving "really off state") with vu+
so i thinked about, why not turn on/off the a/v amplifier and the retro tv light as well?

well is possibile using an usb>relays device (about 30USD on some auction site, and command 4 different "plugs"), i buyed one just for test and works really perfect
actually just for turn on/off the tv according to the vu operational status (actually promptly turn-on the tv then turn off it after 60 seconds of vu+ standby)
then turn off the a/v amplifier & the retro-tv light

can be used for command a motorized projector screen, then turn on later the projector, cook toasts (but is not so good a toaster near the vu+ away the kitchen :) )

in the future it will command (on/off) a fan using the vu+ system core temp (with a cheap sensor addition, not sure if it works but ill try) and the hddtemp if the hdd is in use (needs works, if someone know if it is possible to know if the hdd is active or in sleep mode, please report some tips)

is needed a very minimal sh knowledge for configure what's turn on/off/when/why (or if some plugin devoloppers will add a REALLY SIMPLE plugin will be very user-friendly...)

if someone is interested i'll provide some informations in the next days

*** for some devices a 115/230vac power connection is needed: for tweak a plug for that high voltages you need an electrical expert ***

tobler

Vu+ User
i thinked was really more interesting :D

maybe wednesday i'll have the time for some further info's
in the meantime if someone know if there is a way to understand if the (internal sata connected ) hdd is in sleep or active mode can be appreciated :)
or if possible, better, some workaround for took the hddtemp without wakeup the hdd when in sleep mode