Cool TV Guide 6.4 Mod

Nixy82

Vu+ Newbie
Whilst CoolTVGuide is undoubtedly the BEST EPG I've ever seen for a sat box, and no disrespect to the author, I always hated the title and icons at the top of the screen.

Doing a bit of poking around on the box I found the files in here on my 2.0.1 install :

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/CoolSkin

And I see you can edit the source xml files for each of the different views

So by editing all the files ending _1280.xml to remove the icons and change the title text, making the appearance a bit nicer in each case (in my view anyway)

Approx line 2:

The "Cool xxxx Guide" text can be edited in each case to something more consistent like TV Guide, or the line removed completely to just remove the text completely.

Code:
<eLabel text="C  o  o  l    E  a  s  y    G  u  i  d  e" position="550,20" size="480,30" font="Regular;26" foregroundColor="#FFFFFF" backgroundColor="#000000" shadowColor="#000000" halign="center" transparent="1" />

Approx Lines 10 & 11

These lines can be removed completely to remove the icons from the top row

Code:
<widget source="Service" render="CoolPico" position="530,20" zPosition="1" size="50,30" alphatest="blend" transparent="1" />
<widget source="Service" render="CoolPico" position="1000,20" zPosition="1" size="50,30" alphatest="blend" transparent="1" />

Obviously this kind of mod should not be done by inexperienced users, so if the idea of using vi makes you run a mile, then this probably isn't for you :)

Also backup the folder before starting to avoid trouble so you can revert back with simple cp -a command