Crash copying file choosing “Other…”

AlexWilMac

Sure, but what I wanted to underline is that, even when you press 4 or 5, then the crash does not occur if you choose any of the showed bookmark. It occurs only choosing "Other...".

Matrix10

Administrator
OK: even if it's very late, I wanted to satisfy my (and, maybe, your curiosity). I didn't believe it could be my installation, but mine was just a feeling (you want to call it experience? ;) ) but I needed to prove it.

Fresh install (in OMB), nothing, nothing installed, not even channels. The image was totally clean: 4.3.009 and updates.
1st attempt, crash.
2nd attempt, crash.
3rd attempt, highlighting COPY instead of pressing 5 to choose it and then 1 (to choose "Other...") instead of highlighting it and OK: worked. Hmmm...

In brief: I've repeated this try many, many times and the deduction is that you can't press 5 for COPY or 4 for MOVE: if you do, then, however you try to choose "Other..." (pressing 1 or highlighting it and then by pressing OK) it doesn't work and crashes.
If you highlight the command, instead, then it works.

At this point I relaunched the image I'm currently using, the 4.3.009 full configured, and I tried the same sequence: same result! I was right...
To have these MOVE and COPY commands working, you can't use the shortcuts 4 and 5.

I attach the complete crashlog got from the CLEAN image. What it's recurrent in all crashlogs, are lines like these:

< 109.652> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1786, in gotMovieLocation
< 109.652> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 320, in openWithCallback
< 109.652> dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 109.652> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 326, in open
< 109.652> raise RuntimeError("modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!")
< 109.653> RuntimeError: modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!
< 109.653> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x9e766198>>,()) failed)

I hope this tries help, because the shortcuts would be very useful...

I don't have that problem at all.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 6
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    659.4 KB · Views: 6
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    834.2 KB · Views: 5
  • shot4.jpg
    shot4.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 6

Matrix10

Administrator
Ok we have this bug now,

only if you press 1 (Other..) , instead of OK
There is no bug on other actions.

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 235, in processDelay
< 1489.393> callback(*retval)
< 1489.393> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1786, in gotMovieLocation
< 1489.393> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 320, in openWithCallback
< 1489.394> dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
< 1489.394> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 326, in open
< 1489.394> raise RuntimeError("modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!")
< 1489.394> RuntimeError: modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!
< 1489.394> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x8f89e918>>,()) failed)

Matrix10

Administrator
It's weird that this doesn't always happen.

The cause seems to be this one.

RuntimeError: modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!
It is cured if the start of the screen is changed from (for example):-
self.onLayoutFinish.append(self.openTest)
to :-
self.onShown.append(self.openTest)

AlexWilMac

In my case the problem is not originated by pressing 1 but by pressing 4 or 5, as I wrote above.
In other words: if I use the cursor to choose MOVE or COPY and I give the OK, no problem afterwards with "Others...", neither pressing 1 or choosing it by the cursor keys and OK.
But if I directly press 4 or 5, then there is the crash, either pressing 1 or highlighting it manually and pressing OK.
Can you please trying exactly these two procedures?
I'll also try the same on a mips VU+ (the Duo2) this Sunday, because I don't have at home. Sometimes some bugs or malfunctions (like the Big PiP issue) are not for all the images.

Matrix10

Administrator
It's a BUG for coders (VIX ???)
we can't do anything about it.

I've tried using different skin coding
but to no avail.
Which means there is a problem with in image coding
when the path (copy/move) is unknown and you use the number buttons and not choosing and OK button.

AlexWilMac

I tried today and I can confirm that also OpenViX has the same bug if you try to use the shortcuts 4 or 5 and Other...
I'll try, for curiosity, other images as soon as possible.

AlexWilMac

Ok, I tried other images and, as OpenSPA and OpenATV have no shortcuts for the file operations in Movie List, the only one I could try (after the already tried OpenViX) was OpenPli: it worked.
Not only the shortcuts for Copy and Move (in its case 5 and 6) but also (I decided to check it, too) the 1 for "Others...".
Unfortunately, I don't have the tools to convert the .pyo file into a .py in order to be compiled at start (if I understood the process).
And, obviously, using the .pyo directly, made the image to stuck at the GUI restart.
I attach the MovieSelection.pyo from OpenPli in case someone would get it into a .py.

Attachments

• MovieSelection.pyo.pli.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 0

nunigaia

Ok, I tried other images and, as OpenSPA and OpenATV have no shortcuts for the file operations in Movie List, the only one I could try (after the already tried OpenViX) was OpenPli: it worked.
Not only the shortcuts for Copy and Move (in its case 5 and 6) but also (I decided to check it, too) the 1 for "Others...".
Unfortunately, I don't have the tools to convert the .pyo file into a .py in order to be compiled at start (if I understood the process).
And, obviously, using the .pyo directly, made the image to stuck at the GUI restart.
I attach the MovieSelection.pyo from OpenPli in case someone would get it into a .py.

OpenPli ( file ) source, you can take it from git --> https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/commit/a51df12575e71104a8dae856c33bd363152d6583, but probably it will crash or hangs your stb, after compiling on it!

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Meanwhile I had found and used an online decompiler: unfortunately as I (and you) feared, OBH does not load enigma2 using it. Pity.