Cross epg /BH 2.0.7

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any solutions for a problem I am having with cross epg and the BH 2.0.7 image that I installed recently. All appears ok during the cross epg download until it reaches the 'parsing events' stage. At this point the box sometimes locks up and I need to power cycle the box to restore normal operation. Usually the second attempt will be successful in displaying an up to date epg.

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
UPDATE.
I used Filezilla to FTP to media/usb/crossepg. When I took a look at the Crossepg folder it appeared to be empty. I followed your advise and deleted it and ran a new epg download. All went ok but I will see how it goes over the next few days. I had disabled the auto updated epg function as I would often find the box locked up after a download. I now have it re-enabled so time will tell if my problem is resolved. I will post the outcome.

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
You can also try XEPGDB
instead of parsing XMLTV.
Thanks Matrix10,
I remember using XEPGDB with a previous bh image and had no problems. I don't know what 'parsing' is. Maybe someone may have a simple explanation. I may have gone down the XMLTV route during setup instead of the XEPGDB option. I will give this a go.

Matrix10

Administrator
The problem that you write about, have many boxes and images
and is nothing new

This means translated into plain language

filtering and conversion of useful EPG information
But this causes problems if the box does not have a strong processor and enough memory.

Lighter option is BH EPG or XEPGDB

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
The problem that you write about, have many boxes and images
and is nothing new

This means translated into plain language

filtering and conversion of useful EPG information
But this causes problems if the box does not have a strong processor and enough memory.

Lighter option is BH EPG or XEPGDB
Thanks for your response and explination.
I will set up to use XEPGDB as this worked fine for me in the past. BH EPG did cause my box to give me green screen intermittently. Changing to XEPG resolved this for me but that was on an older image.
Keep up the great work on this excellent forum site.