Dead DUO2

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,
I bought VU+ Duo2 about a month ago and installed a hdd. Everything worked fine for about a week. Then one morning after I tried to switch the receiver on, only a white light on the front panel turned on (and hdd spinned), but the device does not boot. I connected to the serial port and there are repeating messages:
BCM74250012

M0
M1
01CZ,
BCM74250012

M0
M1
01CZ,
BCM74250012

M0
M1
01CZ,
BCM74250012
M0
M1
01CZ,

etc., looping endlesly until the receiver is turned off.

Could anybody please advise?
Thank you in advance.

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I disconnected the HDD, but nothing changed. I can't flash an image, since the boot process restarts before the point where the flashing is possible. I suspect there's a faulty capacitor or something, but I'm not sure and don't know how to check. Just hoping that someone else with the same problem somehow resolved it.

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answer.
I tried the search function, but doesn't found anything helpful - the similar problems described are either with vu+ duo, or the boot process progresses much more than in my case.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If no flashing is possible as happened to other users, then send it to be repaired, unfortunately it's likely a hardware fault and there's nothing you can do by yourself without invalidating the warranty.

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
Eragon, thank you for answering. Just packed the receiver to bring it tomorrow to the service centre. Not so sure about waranty thing, since I had to break merchant's seals while installing hdd. But, let's hope it can be repaired anyway. Thanks again.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Mounting an internal HDD is legitimately allowed, Vu+ himself provides the mounting brackets too inside the packaging!:)

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, you are technicaly right, but unfortunately the things are not so simple here where I live (Bulgaria) :) The merchant in question (which owns small shop for satellite equipment) explicitly stated in his waranty card that tearing of the seals voids waranty. I suppose that this applies only to equipment without user-serviceable parts inside and could object that he can't do that legaly, but since we don't have working jsutice system, I would gain nothing from it. Let's hope for the best, though.

war3z

Vu+ Newbie
I have duo2 only flashing white led on front lcd black.
I try many times flashing usb front no succes but disconnect power on about 1 hour and flash by usb image :)
Box work again.

Partizanin

Vu+ Newbie
I have duo2 only flashing white led on front lcd black.
I try many times flashing usb front no succes but disconnect power on about 1 hour and flash by usb image :)
Box work again.
Unfortunately, no matter how many hours I leave the receiver with disconnected power cord, it does not boot to the stage when I can re-flash it.
Anyway, today I brought the receiver to the guy who sold it to me. He turned out to be very approachable and perceptive person and promissed to try to fix the receiver and, if it cannot be repaired by his company, to send it to the manifacturer.
Thank you all for your time and answers. I will inform you what caused the problem and how it is fixed eventually, when they let me know.

Nether

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Partizanin,
Can you give us some feedback about your problem?
I had some similar problem and I was wondering if you got your box working again.