Duo / DuoLE Dead tuners - or something related to them?

marlin333

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,

I've been a lucky owner of a genuine Duo for several years. Two years ago I had to replace the well known condensator, but others from that, the box has been perfect - untill now... For the last couple days, the message "Tune failed" has been displayed more and more often, and now it is showed for 99% when switching channel. I have done troubleshooting all the way with the different parts of the satellite system, including tried an old sat tuner a had lying around, and it's nothing wrong with the dish, lnb's or diseqc's. It has to be with the Duo, and more specific I guess, the tuners or something related to them. Because, when I do a service scan, on the satellites on 0.8W, 4.8E, 13E and 19.2E, it's most of the times 0 services found. But other service scans shows the result of 20 to 250 services indicates something is alive in there. But still - it's just a few percent of what it should have found! I'm by no means an expert with the internals of the box, but might it be something related to non functioning voltage sending to diseqc/lnb when trying to switch frequency? Or is it simply a dead tuner module of the Duo? If the last, isn't it strange that both of them dies at the same time?

My question though, is, does anyone have an idea of what might be the problem, and if it is something I can do, or at least try, before a go ahead and get a new box? So please anyone - give me your best educated guess! :)

Marlin333

malagas

Vu+ Newbie
I have the same problem and i think there are some capacitors exhausted the need to be replaced, but for lack of time has not analyzed which because as I have a DUO2 and the duo is now working with the transcoding ...
But if anyone knows the solution, is welcome :)

patpat

Vu+ Newbie
Ho lo stesso problema dei post precedenti, ho sostituito il condensatore due anni fa e adesso ho il problema dei tuners