Dead VU+ Duo sparks when turned ON

medlence

Vu+ Newbie
First of all let me say Thank you to all of you who patiently help the one in need.
I had the box for about a week, and today I tried updating the image from BH1.7.9 to BH 2.0.2 and it worked fine while setting it up for about 30 minutes. Then it suddenly switched off by itself.
I have tried to unplug it off the socket wait about 5 minutes and when turned on again it sparked at the back of it and nothing else happens.
Can somebody help please? I appreciate this might be hardware rather than software issue and might need proper diagnostics however I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
of course it is hardware issue! usually short circuit leads to spark. if you are lucky , this could be solved by change protection fuse but before that, you have to check if other part(s) damaged and what cause it. expose it on moisture could be one of the main reasons. check also the rear power key for short circuit.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
First of all let me say Thank you to all of you who patiently help the one in need.
I had the box for about a week, and today I tried updating the image from BH1.7.9 to BH 2.0.2 and it worked fine while setting it up for about 30 minutes. Then it suddenly switched off by itself.
I have tried to unplug it off the socket wait about 5 minutes and when turned on again it sparked at the back of it and nothing else happens.
Can somebody help please? I appreciate this might be hardware rather than software issue and might need proper diagnostics however I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am concern this issue too. Would you confirm whether it is the New Due 2 or Due please?