desperate help needed frozen vu solo2

sciux

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys i desperately need some help i've got a genuine Vu solo2 that i have purchased of the amazon.co.uk one of the stores about 6 months ago or so... it was brand new
yesterday box froze up so my missus rebooted it and it's now stuck on the booting all the time lcd says "Starting.." TV shows black Hole booting image and that's about it nothing else waited 3 hrs nothing happening.
Also tried flashing it but when i power box up it's the same lcd says "Starting.." and i can't even flash it...

so i have contacted the store i have purchased it from saying that it must be faulty and the reply i've got was a bit of a surprise quote:
  • > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> We are really sorry to hear about this.
    > >> You might need a help of a professional?
    > >>
    > >> Just to establish if the item is faulty.
    > >>
    > >> Kind regards,
so i said:
  • > > Hi, that is correct I was wondering maybe you know how to contact a
    > > manufacturer fow warranty or any better solutions?
and a reply:
  • > Hello,
    >
    > Unfortunately we do not work with this supplier.
    >
    > We do no sell this item any more.
    >
    > Kind regards,
So now im not sure what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Mick12334

You should be able to flash it again, as I think the flash starts prior to the boot up.
Try using a different USB stick, format it, using your PC, to FAT 32, then load the correct VU+ Solo 2 Black Hole image.
Power off the VU+ receiver, using the switch, at the rear, if it has one, insert the USB stick into the front USB socket, power it up, while holding the front power button, and see if the new image starts to load.

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
Hello mate.As Mick said try using/formatting a different USB stick because it looks like it isn't recognising that one.Once you've loaded the correct vu plus folder onto your stick ,turn off the box, insert in front usb(as stated),turn on the box and the LCD screen should flash saying 'update'.Press the blue on screen button then it should load.Try earlier versions if latest doesn't work and let us know what the outcome is

sciux

Vu+ Newbie
guys at this momment in time i could really kiss you, i was just about to say i've flashed it 10 times i definately know what im doing... and than i thought ok lets try to format usb again and start from 0.... guess what my usb was formated on NTFS... jesus christ what an idiot i feel like right now :)

Thank you for your help