Solo2 Dialog TV HD TV 11550V28800/S2/8PSK not scanning

Mick12334

As I mentioned earlier, there seems to be 2 listings, for the same transponder, on 45E, according to lyngsat, which isn't unusual, except both are using the same polarity, Vertical, which is very unusual.
Both these transponders, 11550, are on different satellite beams, so intended for different markets, the first 11550 V 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4, is the Vivacom TV package, intended for Europe, the second 11550 V 28800 DVB-S2 8PSK 3/5 is listed on the India beam, so unavailable to most of us, in Europe, so I can't test it.
It isn't even listed, on many satellite sites, as they are more intended for the European market.
You could try editing your satellites.xml file, to alter the 45E listing, for 11550, to the details for Dialog TV, then try scanning, or try to get hold of a satellites.xml version for the India region, and see if this resolves the problem.
I can't think of it being a hardware, or software, problem, as other VU+ models, including my VU+ Duo 2, can handle most symbol rates, from feeds using 6660, or lower, to packages using 30000, and most in between.

There seem to be a number of members, on this forum, struggling with this transponder, in India, and have different versions, of the VU+ receiver. For those with different versions, like the VU+ Solo, or even the VU+ Duo 2, have you upgraded your bootloader, and any other upgrades, supplied by vuplus?

maxious manohar

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your detailed explanation, i would certainly make a try on what you said about editing the xml. btw where can i find more information on the boot loader and the upgrade.

maxious manohar

Vu+ Newbie
I Checked the satellite.xml i found the below entry and i think its right.
<transponder frequency="11550000" symbol_rate="28800000" polarization="1" fec_inner="7" system="1" modulation="2"/>

maxious manohar

Vu+ Newbie
They asked me to send the photo of the board, i have send them two week ago.
Waiting for feedback. btw did you get h/w error when you did the version having the fpga upgrade.

anilw

Vu+ Newbie
hi me (box- Vu+ SOLO SE ) too the same problem
1. Intelsat 12 (45E) tp 11550V 28800 DVB-S2, 8PSK EFC 3/5 does not show signals
2. ST 2 tp 11164V/11164H/11483V/11483H (SR-44995, 8PSK, DVB-S2, EFC 2/3) shows signals, but no ch found when scan
I have tried all EFCs but still no result

Pls help
box is running with BH 2.17

Haroon

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Duo2

Satellite ST 2@ 88.0 , Videocon D2H have same problem for 04 TP's.

11483 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
11546 V SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
11546 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
11672 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

All TP (04) signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services. Earlier TP's were working, no image or dvb modules upgrade, its something to do with the tuners. Tuners are unable to scan PMT PID's now. Tuner is AVL 6222.

Error message is "No data on transponder! (Timeout reading PAT).

Mick12334

Does that mean that you have managed to scan in 11672 V 44995 S2-8PSK ?
As I'm in the UK, I can't access these channels, so can't help, with these channels.

Haroon

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, all TP's were scanned earlier, I have been watching TV channels from these TP's.
It all began in Jul this year when I lost one of the TP's 11483 H, and now within last week or so 3 other TP's.

There are no issues with the signals though, transponder locks perfectly.

In my opinion, Videocon D2H changed PMT PID's which Vu+ tuners are unable to scan.

Mick12334

Use Dreamboxedit, to edit the channel data, and return it to your VU+.
You should also check to see if the transponder details have been changed, which would explain you're not being able to scan them in.

asimaslam

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, all TP's were scanned earlier, I have been watching TV channels from these TP's.
It all began in Jul this year when I lost one of the TP's 11483 H, and now within last week or so 3 other TP's.

There are no issues with the signals though, transponder locks perfectly.

In my opinion, Videocon D2H changed PMT PID's which Vu+ tuners are unable to scan.

I am also facing same problem, changed different lnbs, even installed bigger dish but same nothing, can anyone able to found any solution to this. I have two receivers DUO2 & UNO & same situation on both.

anilw

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All;
One had replied me in pvt said, he has managed to scan this (so i was under the impression tuner needs more signal to search for a ch, ex: min of signal level of 65-70%+), cos he gets this with 70% signals in his box.
Where i get about 55%...
How about you guys...
By the way how long Vuplus takes to reply us on this.....
I have wrote them twice but still no responce!!!!

asimaslam

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All;
One had replied me in pvt said, he has managed to scan this (so i was under the impression tuner needs more signal to search for a ch, ex: min of signal level of 65-70%+), cos he gets this with 70% signals in his box.
Where i get about 55%...
How about you guys...
By the way how long Vuplus takes to reply us on this.....
I have wrote them twice but still no responce!!!!

Signal quality with me was around 70+ but unable to scan so its not signal problem. its some thing else.....

anilw

Vu+ Newbie
OK, then it is something to do with only these Asian SATs... i mean those who live in Europe etc are getting this DVB-S2 signal with their respective satellites.. Hotbird, Astra...... etc etc..
more than Asians these Europian are watching HD chs.. yah
by the way anyone getting those east Asian packs (Skynet, Truevision, Astro etc..) without a trouble??? I have no dish pointing to any of these satellites (ex. Apstar 7B (74.0E))