Diseq setup does not detect anything on Vu+ Solo

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I mean if these 2 option is correct?
Volt & 22Khz: Yes
Diseq, changed satellite: No

and yes I moved the Vu+ receiver to a known working switch and the vu+ receiver does not work there either.

I have not installed any plugin that Automatically update channel setting, but I baught it used so maybe there is such a plugin, but I dont know.

about the reflash of the box, my box does not start with a usb stick attached. But there is a option in the menu to factory reset the box, wouldnt that be a possible option?

AlexWilMac

1) Yes, they are.
2) About factory reset I don't know (never used it, always flashed by a USB stick) but, if your will is to reflash, just try: it won't do nothing different from your "manual" procedure.
Only, it will probably flash by a standard VU+ image, not BH. But you need to exclude your problem has a SW nature before get to the conclusion there is a HW failure.
And the HW problem maybe due to one ore more defective capacitors.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Allright, I now did a factory reset and it still does not find any channels. So yes the receiver must have a HW error :(

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry but it seem impossible to get the receiver to read my USB stick and proceed with a flash. I have formated the usb stick with Fat 32 and placed the BH 3.0.9 image on the stick. But the receiver does not start any upgrade procedure when rebooting with the usb stick inserted.

AlexWilMac

Based on many users experience, only one stick is too few as a try: many had to try several ones before finding a compatible one.
Actually, I've never had any issues neither with USB3 ones (even the very large ones), nor USB2 but many user had.
It seems more likely to succeed with a USB2 "little" one (<= 8GB).

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried 3 different ones, from 128MB up to 16GB, both USB2 and USB3... with some usb sticks it just boot as normal (but doesnt flash) and with some it doesnt boot untill I remove the USB stick

AlexWilMac

Are you sure you prepared the USB stick correctly? Have you flashed your box before?
Remember: in root of your USB stick you must have only a folder named vuplus.
It must contain a folder with the name of your box (solo, in your case) and within it the files needed.

Sorry if I say so, but we often find out that people do strange things to prepare a usb stick: wrong images, all files directly in the root, and so on...

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I belive I have done everything correct.
1. Format USB with FAT32
2. In root folder of usb placed the "vuplus" folder containing a subfolder called "solo" that has 3 files.
3. There is nothing else on the USB drive.
4. Shut down receiver
5. Inserted the USB stick in USB on front.
6. Started the receiver, depending on USB drive the receiver does not start when usb attached or it just start up without doing any flash at all
7. No I have not made a flash before of the receiver, but this procedure is as has been described on various sites.

AlexWilMac

OK, perfect.
Now, remember to disconnect everything else but the SAT cable (and included the network cable, in case).
Then, the flashing procedure may actually be done also by other USB ports that's not the front one.
So, try the other ones.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
First good news... The flash went OK. I have earlier not been patience enough. When leaving the USB stick in for some more time the receiver blinked green indicating it has been flashed. And I now use the latest BH 3.09 in the receiver.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
But I can still not find any channels when using the diseq setup.... only when connecting directly to one of the 4 lnb.

AlexWilMac

Well, please: now you managed to perform a flash, do this try: download OBH (OpenBlackHole), instead, always from our forum, and when the initial wizard starts and it comes to the tuner section, choose the Simple configuration, but leave all the 4 LNBs as Automatic.
This means you don't have to set which sat is connected to each port of the switch.
This way, he will do the configuration by itself, checking the switch ports and assigning the right LNB to each port!
Let's see what happens.

AlexWilMac

So, if you can exclude the switch (because, if I understand well, you tried both your Spaun 411) it must be a HW problem.
Instead, if you didn't, try OBH and automatic configuration with the other 411.
But, just you are at this point, try the other two ports switch you got with OBH.
If you went on with the initial wizard, don't worry: you can always able to use the Automatic detection in tuner configuration.
I mean that, when you enter there, instead of telling it which satellite you have, you can choose "Automatic".

Well i am more confused over how you with 4LNB can mix those satellites? 0.8 west as first LNB and then second LNB 28.2 east ?
Thats an impossible combination on a fixed antenna with 4 LNBs do you use multiple antenna?

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
Well i am more confused over how you with 4LNB can mix those satellites? 0.8 west as first LNB and then second LNB 28.2 east ?
Thats an impossible combination on a fixed antenna with 4 LNBs do you use multiple antenna?

I use a toroidal dish and It might seem odd to have 28.2 at port 2 but it doesn't really matter to the switch in what order you add the LNB's.

magmo

Vu+ Newbie
So, if you can exclude the switch (because, if I understand well, you tried both your Spaun 411) it must be a HW problem.
Instead, if you didn't, try OBH and automatic configuration with the other 411.
But, just you are at this point, try the other two ports switch you got with OBH.
If you went on with the initial wizard, don't worry: you can always able to use the Automatic detection in tuner configuration.
I mean that, when you enter there, instead of telling it which satellite you have, you can choose "Automatic".

I'm pretty convinced that its a HW error now, I have tried 2 different switches and 2 different images now so I'll leave it like this now... I'm a bit fed up with this receiver at the moment. I'll have to buy a new one in order to get this to work, thats how I feel right now.

Thanks for all the help and time you put in to this :)