Dual Boot to OS (example lightweight Ubuntu)

JimmyF

Vu+ Newbie
Does anyone know whether you can dual boot on a Vu+ Duo2 with a VIX or blackhole primary image and a second image (on the onboard hard drive) which loads a lightweight OS such as Ubuntu.

The reason for my question is I was hoping to run an emulator on a lightweight OS to be able to play some old school games such as Goldeneye or Mario Kart. If possible, the question would then be whether a USB Bluetooth adapter could work on the lightweight OS to be able to connect some controllers.

Any pointers or thoughts would be appreciated.

nunigaia

Does anyone know whether you can dual boot on a Vu+ Duo2 with a VIX or blackhole primary image and a second image (on the onboard hard drive) which loads a lightweight OS such as Ubuntu.

The reason for my question is I was hoping to run an emulator on a lightweight OS to be able to play some old school games such as Goldeneye or Mario Kart. If possible, the question would then be whether a USB Bluetooth adapter could work on the lightweight OS to be able to connect some controllers.

The discussion about any kind of illegal stuff ( emulators, etc ) are not allowed and are against our board rules. --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

You have joined today, and you have clicked on a flag that says that you understand this rules and will respect them. Unfortunately, you haven´t did that :sad:

Its also recommended before post to make a presentation to the community, with a welcome.

So, i would kindly ask you for do it quickly.

best regards
nunigaia

JimmyF

Vu+ Newbie
I understand Emulation Station is a self booting OS on Debian or Rasberry Pi. If the internals are similar to a raspi or debian can run on a Vu+ Duo, then dual boot with the boot option at startup may work

JimmyF

Vu+ Newbie
I'm really sorry, I didn't realise I was breaking the rules. I will post an intro now. My question is not specifically about emulators, just whether a dual boot option to such is viable and achievable. Sorry for any inconvenience.

el bandido

Vu+ User

I do not know of any Ubuntu image for the Duo2. I think a TBS Matrix may be closer to what you are looking for than a Duo2.