Duo 2 AC3 stream of recorded programme has audio artifacts

DavJames

Vu+ Newbie
Here is a clip: dropbox.com/s/l5bde39qm45zfal/Clip%20with%20AC3.ts

You can hear clicking sounds in the audio which only contains an AC3 stream. The 1080i video was recorded from a UK broadcast of BBC1 HD. I noticed that when I copy the video from the VU+ to my PC and use MediaInfo on the TS file, it says 2 audio streams are in the file as follows.
  • MP2 2 channel
  • AC3 2 channel
I can use VideoRedo to only play back the MP2 (via Tools, Select Stream) with the video and you don't hear any artifacts on the MP2, just AC3. You can observe the same thing on your VU+ by pressing the Audio button on your remote control and selecting MPEG instead of Dolby Digital.

Is this a bug or are there settings I can use to get AC3 recorded properly without those artifacts?

I notice that when the video has native AC3 5.1, the AC3 doesn't have any problems. However I found it a bit worrying that the MP2 stream had audio narration embedded and the file copied to my PC had the same problem. How can I get it without audio narration?
I'm using Black Hole 2.0.8.

DavJames

Vu+ Newbie
I Sly engineer visited my house and did a few tests and said there's nothing wrong with my dish or box. He said there's something in my room that's causing this interference but he doesn't know what! I don't get that problem in the other rooms of my house. Sad... So it seems I bought a £500 VU+ Duo 2 for nothing as I can't use it in my room.