Duo 4K smartcard

legau

Vu+ Newbie
hello all,

May be a stupid question, but i want to replace my duo2 for the new 4k.

I have 2 smartcards in my duo2, but I read the 4k has only one slot for the smartcard.

What is the solution to use 2 smartcards in the duo 4k ?

Is there any CI adapter or anything else ?

Thanks for your help.

If no option available, I will go for the ultimo 4k then.

AlexWilMac

He would like exactly the Duo4K: only, this model has got only one smartcard slot.
This means @legau has got only the cards without the smartcams: so the advice is (in case I'm supposing right) not enter illegal talks...
Just to be clear. legau: Duo4K has got 2 C.I. slots and 1 smartcard slot. If you've got the smartcams modules you'll have no problems.

legau

Vu+ Newbie
@Thomas67 : yes i was talking about the duo2 4k but it has 2 CI et 1 smartcard slot as I said. I need 2 smartcard slots.

@Alexwilmac : i’m from France and the 2 smartcards i have came with no smartcam, only with specific decoders. Anyway I guess after reading your answer there is no possibilities to transform a CI slot into a smartcard slot.

I will go for the ultimo 4k then :-(

AlexWilMac

Well, if for your provider is legal to use the martcard without the smartcam, maybe you can find a generic smartcam modul to read it. So, search the Internet for it.
For instance, Jenius smartcam is compatible to some smartcards. But you must exactly know what kind of smartcards are yours.

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Ok that’s one thing. But in that case, I would have to switch manually between the CI and the smartcard in the settings.

Today it is automatic, if I switch Channels, I don’t need to switch from CI to smartcard and I would like to avoid this case.

I guess in my case the simple way is to buy a decoder With 2 smartcard slots then. Too bad, the duo 4k seems interesting...

Thanks for your help anyway

AlexWilMac

Not necessarily: there is a function, either for OBH or for BH, called C.I. assignment to automatically switch to the smartcard for the channels or the provider you set. But I tried it only a long time ago.
Anyway: Ultimo 4K is a great model...

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
hello all,

May be a stupid question, but i want to replace my duo2 for the new 4k.

I have 2 smartcards in my duo2, but I read the 4k has only one slot for the smartcard.

What is the solution to use 2 smartcards in the duo 4k ?

Is there any CI adapter or anything else ?

Thanks for your help.

If no option available, I will go for the ultimo 4k then.
Use a USB reader like Smartreder (smargo) or a Pcsc (omnikey).

You dont have to do anything more then set "Hide CI message" to yes and STB will chose the right card for the right channel it self.

Back in the days we hade to do this assignment but today its not needed :)

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Yes and No. of course ultimo4k is a great model, but it is already « old » compared to the hardware of the duo4k. Plus, It’s more expansive.

But anyway, I just ordered it :)

So the problem is solved, I will use the same config as on my duo2.

Thanks all for your support and long life to BH !!

Now I have to figure out what’s new and how to configure the FBC tuners

Well for tuners if you are to use the FBC you also need a SatCr Lnb and there are plenty of pre configs in both BH and OBH to cover that.

If you use Regular Lnb it is the same setup as your Duo2

legau

Vu+ Newbie
@Thomas67 : thanks for your help. I have indeed regular lnb, i hope the fbc tuners are not more sensitive to distance (I have 40 to 50 m of cable)

Will see ;-)
Thanks everyone for the support