Duo freezes, stuck on "Starting..."

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
Hello,

lately (3 out of 10 times) when I turn the Duo on, it will boot, play ok the last watched channel, but the LCD display is stuck on "Starting..." with the red led on. The remote will not work and nothing can be done, apart from switching off from the back. I've used the latest 2-3 BH images, but problem remains.
Could this be a hardware problem? Thanks.

Tamaki

Administrator
Hello,

lately (3 out of 10 times) when I turn the Duo on, it will boot, play ok the last watched channel, but the LCD display is stuck on "Starting..." with the red led on. The remote will not work and nothing can be done, apart from switching off from the back. I've used the latest 2-3 BH images, but problem remains.
Sometimes this happens to me when i switch off and on without wait some seconds.
When i wait about 5 seconds it never happens to me.
Did you happen to you while swithing off and on quickly?

a911

The BH Lover
Hello,

I had the same,,,,and still, mostly@Booting!
On/Off booting,,,, usually OK!

The reply was, as I remember,....its Vu+.....drivers issue, and it will be reported to them!
:fie:
a911

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
Sometimes this happens to me when i switch off and on without wait some seconds.
When i wait about 5 seconds it never happens to me.
Did you happen to you while swithing off and on quickly?
No, it can happen even if the Duo is off for many hours. My first thought was the Duo is having problems because of the extra hardware (usb stick, dvb-t tuner, HDD). Hope I'm wrong, but the problem is annoying and getting worse, I think.

Mito

Administrator
No, it can happen even if the Duo is off for many hours. My first thought was the Duo is having problems because of the extra hardware (usb stick, dvb-t tuner, HDD). Hope I'm wrong, but the problem is annoying and getting worse, I think.
I don't think the problem is due to the devices connected to the Duo.

You can try to install last official image to verify if the problem persists.

Tamaki

Administrator
You can try removing one hardware at a time, so that you can identify where is the problem.
I hope it is not your dec hardware problem.

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
Thanks, I will try your suggestions. Could this have anything to do with the 5V option for the DVB-T? Should that be activated or not?

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
I've connected the usb stick and DVB-T tuner to an externally powered hub, and the Duo is much more stable. Maybe the Duo's power supply is a bit weak...?

ice

Vu+ Newbie
i have this problem also whene i put my box on HD chan it will freez i cant do anything and i reterun my box to the campny they said to we have changed your matherbord box , but the saim problem cam back ageen ???????!!!!!!!!!
any ideies
some body told mee you have to changed your lemby
any ideies

Tamaki

Administrator
i have this problem also whene i put my box on HD chan it will freez i cant do anything and i reterun my box to the campny they said to we have changed your matherbord box , but the saim problem cam back ageen ???????!!!!!!!!!
any ideies
any ideies
It is really difficult to understand what you wrote.
What you should change? What is a lemby?

a911

The BH Lover
any ideies
any ideies

Yes,,,, some times poor quality LNB=lemby,,,,will have this effect, when signal reception are less than <40 (SNR) , HD channels will freez!

iet8

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I have the same pb, (3 out of 8 times) when I turn the Duo on or make restat , it will boot, play ok the last watched channel, but the LCD display is stuck on "Starting..." with the red led on. The remote will not work and nothing can be done, apart from switching off from the back. i start facing that pb starting the latest 2-3 BH images.
I'm using BH on internal flash and one usb and 1000 GB Hdd, Meoboot.
I hope we vcan find some way to solve that pb

Matrix10

Administrator
So we wrote about it many times
Remove the USB stick and you will not have problems.

You can use FAT32 formatted stick as smoothly
for Picone, etc
but not Multiboot Linux-formatted stick.

If you use FAT 32 Windows formated USB stick
You have to use only mount and not format in BH Devices Manager.

If you use USB stick for Multiboot testing remove USB stick if you not test images
on USB.(This all is because of the drivers for USB not working good with Linux formated USB
in boot)

Fat32 continu in BOX is OK
Linux multiboot not OK

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
Hi
I have the same pb, (3 out of 8 times) when I turn the Duo on or make restat , it will boot, play ok the last watched channel, but the LCD display is stuck on "Starting..." with the red led on. The remote will not work and nothing can be done, apart from switching off from the back. i start facing that pb starting the latest 2-3 BH images.
I'm using BH on internal flash and one usb and 1000 GB Hdd, Meoboot.
Since you have exactly the same problem as I did (although I never used multiboot), try my solution: Use an externally powered USB hub for your USB devices.

iet8

Vu+ Newbie
So we wrote about it many times
Remove the USB stick and you will not have problems.

You can use FAT32 formatted stick as smoothly
for Picone, etc
but not Multiboot Linux-formatted stick.

If you use FAT 32 Windows formated USB stick
You have to use only mount and not format in BH Devices Manager.

If you use USB stick for Multiboot testing remove USB stick if you not test images
on USB.(This all is because of the drivers for USB not working good with Linux formated USB
in boot)

Fat32 continu in BOX is OK
Linux multiboot not OK

Thanks, I hope we can find way to solve that pb in the future.
regards

SatDreamer

Vu+ User
I still get the "Starting..." problem every now and then, but after using the hub, it is not that frequent anymore.

bigletterato

Vu+ User
I had "Starting..." problem with usb stick formatted with vu+ duo, so I formatted it in fat32 and mounted it, but when I restart I continue to have "Starting..." problem