Duo / DuoLE Duo loosing Video display

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Hi​
My Vu+ Duo is loosing Video output while watching a channel, it works after restart, some times I need to restart the device several times before it works again.​
I'm using latest black hole image, the only addons I have are:​
  1. Ts panel​
  2. HD glass skin
RAM load is about %70.

I noticed that I can't even ping the receiver when it lost the video output

any hints ??

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Paolino

I just wanna tell what addons i have as it may cause the problem..

the box is loosing the video even with default BH skin

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Check your Duo fan. Remove upper cover and try without it. You can see, if fan is working or not. PAY ATTENTION TO LIVE MAINS! Duo is very sensible to overheating.

a911

The BH Lover
Hi Paolino

I just wanna tell what addons i have as it may cause the problem..

the box is loosing the video even with default BH skin

What U mean by losing Video output,,,like >> channel signals or while watching a recorded video?

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Paolino
I already did what you said, open the cover & check whether the fan is working or not (the fan seemed to be OK) but it didn't solve the problem.

a911
I meant that my LCD receiving no signals from the vu+ duo, it just become black and start saying "check HDMI 3 cable" & "No signal"

I would say that you need to read this thread
Code:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-duo-is-dead.3616/

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Darian23
thanks for your reply,
with all respect My case is different, I'm not hanging in red light. my box could work some times all day long without loosing video output.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Paolino
I already did what you said, open the cover & check whether the fan is working or not (the fan seemed to be OK) but it didn't solve the problem.

a911
I meant that my LCD receiving no signals from the vu+ duo, it just become black and start saying "check HDMI 3 cable" & "No signal"

Could you try with video component connection?
Try also with other HDMI input (if your TV has 2 or more) and try also your TV HDMI input with other device.

Darian23
thanks for your reply,
with all respect My case is different, I'm not hanging in red light. my box could work some times all day long without loosing video output.
You've written that you can't even ping your box when video is lost. It seems to me like your box just stops working completely when losing video - that's why I suggested it might be problem with PSU or capacitor as it's known problem with duo. It doesn't necessarily means you will get red light when capacitor is losing its parameters intermittently.

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Dear Paolino

i have changed my HDMI cable & try to use AVI cable and yet nothing solve the problem.

Dear Darian23

we are on the same page now, but why some times it works perfectly & some times the box loosing video several times before it works again?? how reboot solve it.

if it is a PSU or capacitor, is there is some manual to help troubleshooting?

thanks guys for your time

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Dear Paolino

i have changed my HDMI cable & try to use AVI cable and yet nothing solve the problem.

Dear Darian23

we are on the same page now, but why some times it works perfectly & some times the box loosing video several times before it works again?? how reboot solve it.

Take a look here for capacitor http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/vu-duo-is-dead.3616/page-10#post-96265.

But if your Duo is still in warranty, contact your supplier.

a911

The BH Lover
Try to connect your TV with any media like a DVD and see if the HDMI is working!
or
Connect the STB to other TV to see if the STB connection is not damaged!

Dear Paolino

Dear Darian23

Guys, he is not able to ping his box when losing video, what means box crashes (without GSOD) or hanging up.
@naji
Your problem is intermittent and not easy to diagnose without having your box on the bench. I'd say it's worst situation which you could experience. I do not think that's problem with cable, TV or any other external components of your equipment as my respected collogues suggested. I might be wrong but using common sense and description you've already provided I'd say it's box problem. I'd change HD glass skin to something made by @Matrix at the first place and see the results. And please remember that 3rd party plugins are not supported by BH Team.

naji

Vu+ Newbie
Darian23

this is exactly what I'm afraid of

I don't think skins & images has anything because i have tried to install original image & yet the box crashed.

thanks you all guys & specialy a911, Paolino & Darian23 i realy appreciated your valuable input

I will let you know if any thing new happened

If you had stb crash and green screen it will be very helpful to post recent log. You can find it in root directory in device mounted as media/hdd. I can't do anything else without seeing your box, I'm afraid.

naji

Vu+ Newbie
noap; the box is working normally, the only issue is loosing the video output. what is confusing me is that: if it is a hardware issue it should be persistent, but in my case the box is working fine for hours before it lost the video output??

noap; the box is working normally, the only issue is loosing the video output. what is confusing me is that: if it is a hardware issue it should be persistent, but in my case the box is working fine for hours before it lost the video output??

I'm sorry I'm confused. You wrote your box cannot be pinged when losing video, what means it crashed and now you're writing: box is working fine...

naji

Vu+ Newbie
I mean that when the video output is lost there is no green screen, the screen is just went black . now I'm at work but when i got back to home I will try to find the log files & upload it here.