Duo2 Duo2 - before you buy

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
So it's definitely related to the decoding.
Where do you play the files from? HDD and/or USB?

Matrix10

Administrator
As promised today I tested
Absolutely could not conclude any background sounds/noise such as your examples.
I tested only with MP4 files

You say :

Yes, always at the same points. We may think that these videoclips are just "broken" (I don't belive) and there is nothing we can do with it. But why I can't hear anything wrong when as a source I use laptop, Blu-ray, DVD, other satellite receiver (apart from Duo2), etc?

I doubt that the problem has anything to do with HW problem
It is practically impossible if the problem is hardware that you have a always at the same points.

Yes. I have a lot of downloaded videoclips from youtube. Some of them are free of any noise, some are more or less noisy, if you know what I mean.
It may depends on the tone or frequency of sound - I think.
Does it mean that Duo2 is more "sensitive" and I can hear something what I can not hear on different device?
Again proof that it is not a hardware (some free some noisy.)
Is software ? possible
Perhaps files on one device producte and the other does not produce strange effects because of differences in software .
However, this is unlikely since you say that this problem is not present in all files.
I think that is a good direction
to estimate why in some files you have noise in others you do not have.

On the other hand testing from other people , noise have not been confirmed.
Also not my test for the third time in the last few months it has not confirmed.

I used also the test mp4 files from the net
in quieter parts I not heard absolutely nothing.

Try to test with this mp4
My Other test files are too large to upload.
I wonder, result ??

I think it is not fair to make such a campaign abt the box and VU+ for which yourself do not know what the problem is,and which is the cause.

One thing is absolutely certain that it is not hardware.With your description of the problem it is almost impossible.

Attachments

• amazing sony technology.mp4.zip
    8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I do hear some crackling but the quality is terrible. If you do listening all your music like that, I'm sorry mate, there is nothing to talk about.
I will still insist that my box and other 2 boxes I tested are faulty.
I'll wait for colleague Eragon as he seems to bo on my side no matter what other people say and think.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
To all: Try this 192kb/s videoclip on your box (by iggyazaleamusicVEVO) using the "YouTube TV" plugin. The crackling is that bad so I can hear it on my TV speakers. If your boxes are free of this issue it means that mine is faulty, there is no other way, simple.
It takes only few minutes to find out, please check.

Katikakus

Vu+ User
You seem to not understand one important thing. Technically, it is not possible for the problem to be in HW - based on the description and symptoms you gave us. Simply isn't...

Have you tried to move the box and run the clips at a different location - at your friend's place for example?

Matrix10

Administrator
I do hear some crackling but the quality is terrible. If you do listening all your music like that, I'm sorry mate, there is nothing to talk about.
I will still insist that my box and other 2 boxes I tested are faulty.
I'll wait for colleague Eragon as he seems to bo on my side no matter what other people say and think.
I would not want to put here hundreds of MB
for testing.
The Internet is full of these test files.
None of the test files did not show any audio effects that you have put in here.

Matrix10

Administrator
To all: Try this 192kb/s videoclip on your box (by iggyazaleamusicVEVO) using the "YouTube TV" plugin. The crackling is that bad so I can hear it on my TV speakers. If your boxes are free of this issue it means that mine is faulty, there is no other way, simple.
It takes only few minutes to find out, please check.

Absolutely clear in my box

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Ok, so what shall I do? Shall I contact my retailer and ask for a refund? Or maybe keep digging. I may never find out what is the cause.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have duo2 /solo2 etc
none with problems like this

I increasingly doubt on some signals from your internet connection or from 220V net.
Have you tried an mp4 file that you have not download from the network and internet.
And have you tested with box disconected from network ??

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I increasingly doubt on some signals from your internet connection or from 220V net.
Have you tried an mp4 file that you have not download from the network and internet.
And have you tested with box disconected from network ??
I don't have any mp4 file that I have not dowloaded from network and internet.
I haven't tested yet with box disconected from network. I will do it.
But you made me start thinking. Most of files I have downloaded a while ago on my previous address and they seem to be clear.
What I'm gonna do is go somewhere else and download again.
But there is always a question why these videoclips are clear on my old box?

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
I don't have any mp4 file that I have not dowloaded from network and internet.
I haven't tested yet with box disconected from network. I will do it.
But you made me start thinking. Most of files I have downloaded a while ago on my previous address and they seem to be clear.
What I'm gonna do is go somewhere else and download again.

You know I work in radio telecommunications many years.
And very often I have encountered problems with interference.
From the transmitters, the mobile station transmitters
mobile phones, DECT phones and similar.
Do you have any of the above close to your box and your house ?
I'm beginning to suspect more and more that this is the reason.
Are you sure you have only interference with MP4 files ?

Try to move VU + DUO2 to another room without an antenna and a network cable connected.
And try some of the recorded files.
But it would be better to have a file which is not downloaded via the box.

But if you do try it with those files that you have from previous addresss and compare them with the files from that addresss.

Matrix10

Administrator
But there is always a question why these videoclips are clear on my old box?

Therefore, if it is interference problem.
This box is less sensitive to this interference,
or have different cables and connections
inside the apartment