Duo2 Duo2 - before you buy

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Do you have any of the above close to your box and your house ?
I have a landline telephone next to it but once I disconnected and there was still a problem.

Are you sure you have only interference with MP4 files ?
The types of media I use is: mp4, mkv, mp3 only.

But if you do try it with those files that you have from previous addresss and compare them with the files from that addresss.
I just did download again the file which is free of crackling (downloaded on my previous address) and this time is also clear :eek:
I always do download to my laptop first then I do transfer to VU+ HDD.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
I think you need even longer to examine the problem
in order to determine the cause.
I already gave you an idea, of the change of location
and disconnecting cables.

I more and more doubt in sporadic interference from outside
test with good and bad files e.t.c

I do not like these phones near the devices etc
If one unit is immune to interference that does not mean that the other
is also immune.
They use a different technology and oscillators for mixing in the receiver.

All in all, it is difficult from a distance to know what is the real cause of the problem.
And such problems are sometimes very difficult.

I've had a few years ago a problem with the neighbor's fridge
which is due to dirty relay caused great disturbance to my devices.

But If you are sure that the unit is defective.
Then return it to your dealer.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Just want let you know one more thing. I have downloaded in my friend's house (2 miles away from my house) the same youtube file (Iggy Azalea). I have also switched everything off apart from Duo2-hi-fi or Duo2-TV. The result is still the same. I give up :sad: Thank you.

I'll ask again: If you are living in or near Leeds (UK - West Yorkshire) and have any Vu+ receiver, please contact me ASAP, I would like to meet and do some tests. Thanks.

bogdanm

Are you have near your house GSM transmitter or other transmitter maybe he create this big problem wirh good listening music.

Im see you try on this youtube file (Iggy Azalea) ; toy try made test on something difrent like mkv, flack file ? Maybe problem is in material who was no good ripped or compresed .

Ev0

Admin
To all: Try this 192kb/s videoclip on your box (by iggyazaleamusicVEVO) using the "YouTube TV" plugin. The crackling is that bad so I can hear it on my TV speakers. If your boxes are free of this issue it means that mine is faulty, there is no other way, simple.
It takes only few minutes to find out, please check.

Ok good news for you, I can confirm you are not going mad.

I can hear this "clipping and popping type distortion" on that video on my Duo2.

Sadly I also hear it on my Solo2, Ultimo and my PC.

Duo2, Solo2 and Ultimo are connected to same tv with different HDMI cables on different ports (Ultimo is looped through my xbox one).

PC is connected to monitor speakers and my Denon amp. Due to the the clarity of the bass it is harder for me to hear it on the amp from the PC however it is there, as it's easier to hear it through the pc speakers (it is not as bad as it is with the Duo2 or Solo2), but it is still there.

So this to me confirms it is NOT a hardware issue, it is a problem with the audio source.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
So this to me confirms it is NOT a hardware issue, it is a problem with the audio source.

What you mean by audio source? For me it's a device which you play a music from: satellite receiver, PC, DVD player, CD player, Blu-ray player, tec. My Duo2 is an audio source then, isn't it?

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
What you mean by audio source? For me it's a device which you play a music from: satellite receiver, PC, DVD player, CD player, Blu-ray player, tec. My Duo2 is an audio source then, isn't it?
The source is the music file / video

jwlalek

Vu+ User
So. I have a good news :yahoo: I was at Richer Sound store to test this media. I did connect it to ONKYO AV Receiver via USB. And you know what? I could still hear it :mad:
So, the conclusion is that some devices play this media with no problem, some probably are more sensitive (as my Duo2 and other VU+ satellite receivers + mentioned Onkyo).
I just bought brand new Panasonic AS650 series TV. I can use it as a media player and play my videoclips stored on my Duo2 SDD drive (networking share). There is nothing wrong I can hear :dance: I'm quite happy with it but I would prefer to use the Duo2 instead.
Finally, I would like to apologise to the VU+ company for showing them in a bad light. :idea:But they could do something (driver update) to eliminate this distortion by making the box bit less sensitive as some other devices are. Would that have a positive impact on audio quality? - I don't know.