Duo2 CFE bootloader update.

Shiro

BH-C
This update is needed to use the plugin "Wake on Lan" that will be available in the next Black Hole 2.0.5 version for Duo2.

Instructions:
1. Unzip the Duo2_CFE_V2.zip to USB stick.(cfe_cfe_auto.bin, cfe_cfe_auto.md5sum and cfe_cfe_auto.model should be at /vuplus/duo2 folder)
2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of Duo2 and turn the power on.
3. Press the front power button when Update message is shown.
5. It takes just a few seconds to update.
5. If Duo2 displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart the box.
5. To update image later, you should delete the all cfe_cfe_auto.* at /vuplus/duo2 in USB stick once CFE update is finished.

File:

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/cfe/duo2/v2/Duo2_CFE_V2.zip

BigEd

Vip
This update is needed to use the plugin "Wake on Lan" that will be available in the next Black Hole 2.0.5 version for Duo2.

Instructions:
1. Unzip the Duo2_CFE_V2.zip to USB stick.(cfe_cfe_auto.bin, cfe_cfe_auto.md5sum and cfe_cfe_auto.model should be at /vuplus/duo2 folder)
2. Insert USB stick into the USB port of Duo2 and turn the power on.
3. Press the front power button when Update message is shown.
5. It takes just a few seconds to update.
5. If Duo2 displays the message "Finished..reboot", remove the USB stick and restart the box.
5. To update image later, you should delete the all cfe_cfe_auto.* at /vuplus/duo2 in USB stick once CFE update is finished.

File:

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/cfe/duo2/v2/Duo2_CFE_V2.zip

installed, It is the first thing I have done.
After that the image BH 2.0.4

zoro25

Vu+ Newbie
Is this a VU+ bootloader? or a BlackHole created one?.

I only ask as to my knowledge bootloaders work at a lower level than firmware and a bootloader will run on all flashed firmwares.

My question is , Could there be an issue that this bootloader be may not be compatible with all other images and only support/run on future BH ones?

Shiro

BH-C
Is this a VU+ bootloader? or a BlackHole created one?.
I only ask as to my knowledge bootloaders work at a lower level than firmware and a bootloader will run on all flashed firmwares.
My question is , Could there be an issue that this bootloader be may not be compatible with all other images and only support/run on future BH ones?

No this is not a black Hole feature.
This is an official Vu+ upgrade and you have to install to keep your box update and compatible with new Vu+ drivers and all future images.
Don't worry, as you can see in the link the file that you download and install is form Vu+ official site.

dimensionone

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have installed the latest driver (20130719), but the image freeze after the booting. i heard of some users, that have not installed the CFE update. Shall we need to wait for BH 2.0.5, that will include those drivers?

Shiro

BH-C
This is not a thread about drivers but about bootloader.
About drivers i already told that is not a good idea to install outside the image upgrade. But ppl continue to install new drivers.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Just a question please: in the future new Duo2 will be delivered with new bootloader installed? Or they will have always the old one? If so, every new Duo2's owners will must update at first! Right?

Ev0

Admin
Just a question please: in the future new Duo2 will be delivered with new bootloader installed? Or they will have always the old one? If so, every new Duo2's owners will must update at first! Right?
It is hard to be sure what Vu+ will do in the future, but either way it won't do any harm to load the cfe update onto the box even if it already has it.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
How can I see which version is installed in my box? I will purchase a new Duo2 next week and surely I will install BH 2.0.5, but it's not a good idea to update loader if it's just updated! What is the best way to proceed?

Ev0

Admin
How can I see which version is installed in my box? I will purchase a new Duo2 next week and surely I will install BH 2.0.5, but it's not a good idea to update loader if it's just updated! What is the best way to proceed?
It won't cause any problems to update it again, even if it has been done.

But it's very simple to check anyway.

When you turn the box on, the first thing you will see on the vfd is CFE V2 if it has been updated.

If it doesn't say that, then it hasn't had the update.

Leopold75

Vu+ Newbie
Hello there!

I have Duo2
After update for bootloader with manual from this threat I have next output in terminal (console):

root@vuduo2:~# cat /proc/stb/info/vumodel
duo2
====
root@vuduo2:~# cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 3d900000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd1: 3d900000 00020000 "rootfs(redundant)"
mtd2: 00700000 00020000 "kernel"
mtd3: 00200000 00020000 "mac"
mtd4: 3af90000 0001f000 "rootfs"
====
So, I am confused a bit - is it correct?
Code:
 mtd1: 3d900000 00020000 "rootfs(redundant)"

What I should see here for my model?
Thank You!

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Just purchased my new Duo2. I confirm that CFE V2 is displayed during boot operation, so new units have this update just installed.

fugees48

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I have tried to update the loader but nothing happened and the image started as normal.

what I have done was following the instruction given above and then put the usb flash stick on the front of the box and turned it on. but nothing happened.

Can you advice please?

Regards

just lookin

Vu+ Newbie
make sure you have no other usb sticks plugged in when trying to update m8 it caught me out when i had picons etc plugged in the back ports

daroal

Vu+ Newbie
en el mio Que hace dos meses Que lo tengo en El Arranque no Aparece el CFE V2 mi pregunta es lo tengo que instalar en mi Vu duo2
gracias