Duo2 Duo2 dual tuner question

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone,

I bought a duo2 with 2 x dual S2 tuner. I then realised that I needed a DVB-T, so I removed S2 tuner (B) from the box and installed a DVB/C-T.

the DVB-T tuner is working fine and the DVB-S2 tuner is working fine using the first antenna input.

Today I passed a second antenna cable from my dish to the living room and connected it to the DVB-S2 tuner on the second input (loop). However I am still only able to record 1 channel on the DVB-S2 and not record and watch. It says "no tuner free". As far as I understand the duo2 has 2x dual dvb-s2 tuners. Meaning in theory you can record 4 different channels. As I now only have 1x DVB-S2 tuner I assume I should be able to record 2 channels. Am I wrong??????

Do I have to retune the channels and start setup again?

Any help would be appreciated.

yummer

BH Lover
Have you got 2 feeds into your dual s2 tuner off one single fixed sat? Check your tuner config again. If your running 2 feeds into the dual tuner fixed sat config is tuner a simple single and then sat. Tuner b equal to tuner a.

Need more detail of your setup if you have anything different than a fixed dish

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
Have you got 2 feeds into your dual s2 tuner off one single fixed sat? Check your tuner config again. If your running 2 feeds into the dual tuner fixed sat config is tuner a simple single and then sat. Tuner b equal to tuner a.

Need more detail of your setup if you have anything different than a fixed dish
I have two feeds, I took the time today to pass a second cable through the wall from the dish. So yes I have two separate cables from the dish feeding the dual tuner.

yummer

BH Lover
I have two feeds, I took the time today to pass a second cable through the wall from the dish. So yes I have two separate cables from the dish feeding the dual tuner.
So your dish is fixed to one sat not motor correct?
How have you set tuner config for dual tuner?

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
So your dish is fixed to one sat not motor correct?
How have you set tuner config for dual tuner?
No motor just the dish pointing to Astra 19.2. I am not sure "how" to configure the tuner. I have it plugged in and I did an automatic scan.

NB. I have not done an automatic scan since installing the second feed (cable). Should I rescan for services???

yummer

BH Lover
No you need to adjust tuner config I reckon m8

Go to menu > setup>service searching> tuner config
Tuner a +b should be your dual tuner so set tuner a up to simple single 19.2..... Set tuner b equal to tuner a

And tuner c should be set correctly as you say its working ;)

sidTM

Vu+ User
No you need to adjust tuner config I reckon m8

Go to menu > setup>service searching> tuner config
Tuner a +b should be your dual tuner so set tuner a up to simple single 19.2..... Set tuner b equal to tuner a

And tuner c should be set correctly as you say its working ;)

I use simple and single on both my tuners A and B and have no issues

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
My Duo 2 has 1 x twin S2 tuner. I set the tuner as Simple Tuner A and Simple Tuner B with independent cable feeding from LNB. I have no problem record 2 channels or record one channel and watch another one. If it does not work, change another tuner ( according the first post, you have a spare one?). good luck.

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
I have the tuner config as suggested, tuner A simple & B simple. The thing is when I use DVB-T tuner I can see that it is recognised as tuner B. There could be a problem with the config or the tuner itself. I am going to do a rescan, if that doesn´t work then I will test the second tuner that I removed. It could be a faulty tuner.

Thanks to everyone so far for their comments and support :)

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
Yes mine has loop too! But I still assume this is a dual tuner, it has two feeds. Can someone confirm? If its not dual I am going to be well pissed!!

drewmayte

Vu+ Newbie
Yes this is what i was sold. Complete rubbish. The duo2 only has two slots so if you want internal DVB-T then you really need the dual S2 tuner otherwise its a complete waste of time.

yummer

BH Lover
Yes this is what i was sold. Complete rubbish. The duo2 only has two slots so if you want internal DVB-T then you really need the dual S2 tuner otherwise its a complete waste of time.
if you've paid for a 2xdual tuners bud get them to exchange as you've obviously received 2x single tuners and are out of pocket

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
please pay attention to the wording. Some of dealers often use 'twin turner' which often misleads. It is suggested that should ask the dealer to confirm as 2X twin turners, not twin turners.