Duo2 Duo2 dual tuner question

outremer

Vu+ Newbie
HI you guys; I recently purchased the Duo 2. Mine has two dual tuners (recognised as Tuners A & B and C & D by the software). These dual tuners don't have a loop output but each has TWO inputs. I made it to loop tuner A into B and C into D with the tuner configure utility (this is some sort of internal loop) but never achieved connecting any loop between the two pairs although the sofware shows this. The use of an loopthru cable is impossible with this configuration. The only way to use all the four tuners (eg the two pairs) is to connect a dual feed on inputs A & C. As I don't want to drill a hole for a second cable I would like to know if there is any mean to to fix that. I have only one satellite to aim at with my Canalsat Caraibes subscription here in the West Indies.

Best regards!

Last edited by a moderator:

yummer

BH Lover
The photo shows a DUAL tuner (twice LNB in).
I know this photo shows a single slot dual tuner as that's what I have mate. Like you've said I don't think there's anyway to connect both tuners together the only way is as you have setup A and C to have feeds and internal loops to other tuners... To get the most out of your box I think you need 2 more feeds.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
The only way to use all the four tuners (eg the two pairs) is to connect a dual feed on inputs A & C.
You have only 1 cable from a universal LNB, correct?
You can obtain the same result of the loopout using a cheap sat switch with 1 input/2 output.
But anyway with 1 cable only from the LNB you won't be able to use all the 4 tuners at the same time with transponders having different polarizations and frequency bands.
You'll do better replace your universal LNB with a SCR/Unicable one so that with only 1 cable you can get up to 4 channels at the same time from whatsoever transponder.

yummer

BH Lover
You have only 1 cable from a universal LNB, correct?
You can obtain the same result of the loopout using a cheap sat switch with 1 input/2 output.
But anyway with 1 cable only from the LNB you won't be able to use all the 4 tuners at the same time with transponders having different polarizations and frequency bands.
You'll do better replace your universal LNB with a SCR/Unicable one so that with only 1 cable you can get up to 4 channels at he same time of whatsoever transponder.
I think hes got 2 input feeds mate ... 1 into each dual tuner... Then internal looped to other 2 tuners

outremer

Vu+ Newbie
I think hes got 2 input feeds mate ... 1 into each dual tuner... Then internal looped to other 2 tuners

Yes that's my setup. I will try an antenna splitter and feed each dual tuner. Intelsat 903 (34.5 W) has 6 transponders footprinting the Caribbean, all with the same polarization. The problem could the 4 to 7 dB loss introduced by the splitter as we have frequent strong tropical showers affecting the signal.

I still wonder why the tuner setup software autorizes the looping of all 4 tuners with no physical connection between the two duals...

Regards

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
The more flaxible option maybe use 2 feedings. It is easy and cheap. You only need a LNB with twin output or 4 output. You may have it already. Currently, it is not very often to have a single out put LNB. If you have not had one, buy one, replace old one is a very easy job providing you can safely use ladder. You may not need drill a new hole at the wall. It can be done by expanding the current hole slightly. If you have an internal antenna box, it will be some extra work to do.

hardy27

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,

im having some problems with this dual tuner too!. Can some help asap please.
I have a duo2 and have t feeds from the dish, both representing its own signal (not split). But when i record a channel, im unable to view a second channel.

currently both tuners are set to 28.2e simple settings.

why am i not able to watch a second channel with a dual tuner?
(sorry is this has already been answered but need help)

hardy27

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Please answer with a yes or no before continuing:
both channels you would like to watch at the same time are free to air?

Please consider that discussions about decrypting and watching encrypted channels without a legitimate CAM and subscription aren't allowed on this board (http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html)
This means that problems like yours if involving the use of softcams can't be addressed here.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Ok, so we can go on.:)

Please describe how you have configured Tuner A and tuner B in the BH menu.
Posting here 2 screenshoots of the 2 tuner configurations could be easier and quicker to do...

aymen

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.I ordered duo2.still in shipping .and will have only 1 dvb s2.
I have3 LNB simple from 3 sat position. I mean 19E.13E and 7w .I need configuration to receive each signal separately and be able to watch and record independantly.so should i buye more dvb and how many.thanks

aymen

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.I ordered duo2.still in shipping .and will have only 1 dvb s2.
I have3 LNB simple from 3 sat position. I mean 19E.13E and 7w .I need configuration to receive each signal separately and be able to watch and record independantly.so should i buye more dvb and how many.thanks

Mick12334

The VU+ Duo 2 should arrive with a DVB-S2 twin tuner, and an empty slot for a second DVB-S2 twin tuner, meaning you can have 4 separate tuners.

To get the most, out of your set up, you could use 3 quad LNB's, each with 4 outputs, then you can connect one output, from each LNB, to a Diseqc switch, and then to one of the tuners, this will allow you to view/record from all 3 satellites.
Repeat this, for all 4 tuners, and you can then view/record from all 4 tuners, all programs available on all satellites.

For this you would need 4 Diseqc switches, 3 quad LNB's, and quality cable, I suggest WF100, which shouldn't be too expensive, and once set up should cover all your viewing/recording requirements.