DUO2 Failed to start

Mick12334

Are you using a cable connection or the built in wireless option?
The Wireless option has a known problem, with passwords that contain certain symbols, e.g. $ % & *.
There is another thread, on the forum, that's dicussing this problem.
When you press the Menu button do you get the menu screen appear?

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Are you using a cable connection or the built in wireless option?
The Wireless option has a known problem, with passwords that contain certain symbols, e.g. $ % & *.
There is another thread, on the forum, that's dicussing this problem.
When you press the Menu button do you get the menu screen appear?

Yes I'm using wifi. I get the menu screen when I press the menu button

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
I've now got the tv working again but I can't get a network connection so can't upload the data I backed up this morning. I can't find the other thread on the WiFi issue

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
I'm using Open BH. The screen shots loo like it could be BH. Still experimenting and looking for a solution

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick, I've been away. The TV works OK and I re-enterred what I backup manually. The WAN is very hit and miss. It sometimes works. When it's not I've check with other appliances and the WiFi in the room is working and strong. So it does seem to be an issue in holding the connection. I've also found that I actually have a WiFi connection when the status on the Duo plus says not!

So problem not solved yet.

Thanks for your your help to this newbie whoes learning :)

Mick12334

I haven't used my Wi Fi option, for some time, as my router is near my receiver, so I use a cable connection.
If I have time, this weekend, I will try the Wi Fi and check the connection.

Mick12334

I tested my Duo2 Wi Fi connection this morning, and it's worked perfectly for 1-2 hours.
As stated my router is very close to my VU+ Duo2.
Going into the Menu, Setup, Network, Device, WLAN, and Show WLAN Status, I have the following readings:
Quality 70/70
Signal Strength -33dBm
Bitrate 54 Mb/s

I am also running Open Blackhole 1.0.039, check which update you have, go into Menu, Information, About and look at the Image information.

I shall test it more tonight, when I get back from work, but so far I don't have any issues with my Duo2's built in Wi Fi.
If you have a USB WiFi stick try connecting that and see if you get better results.

nunigaia

The version I have is 1.0.009 from 2016-12-28. Perhaps this is the problem??

How can you have OBH 1.0.009 from 28-12-2016, if this version was launched on 31-03-2017?

*** Anyway, thread moved to Open BlackHole 1.0.009 Vuplus Duo2 section ***

best regards
nunigaia

Mick12334

When on that screen press the Yellow Button, on your remote, to update the software.
What are your WiFi readings, from Menu, Setup, Network, Device, WLAN, and Show WLAN Status?

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
OK here are the screen shots. When I pressed update I didn't know what to do next as it said there were 105 packages available20171103_180012.jpg

The WLAN status looks blank but the icon is green
20171103_180012.jpg 20171103_180230.jpg

Mick12334

You must be connected to download the updates.
What router are you using?
Do you have an IP Address?
Have you tried upgrading?

Mick12334

That says LAN connection, not WLAN connection.
I thought you were using the Wireless option, not an ethernet cable?

AlexWilMac

Surely, the box is connected, otherwise it couldn't show the 105 updates...
Instead, you have no time set and this is never good. As you have a connection, go to Menu/Settings/Time and choose a server NTP instead of transponder to have the right time.
Your image was NOT installed on 28/12/2016: this is the drivers' date of release. It says you installed it on 1st January 1970... ;)

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
I've been able to get the LAN working today using a CPL. I was after Wifi as I wanted to be able to use the functionality on the iPad app but I've also found that that works now with LAN so I probably don't need the WLAN.

However if the function is there it should work. There maybe someone who only has a WiFi possibility.

Thanks for all the support.

From my side I guess we can close this issue. However I guess it's still open for others.

Cheers