Duo2 Heating in stand-by

GSp

Vu+ User
Hi all,
I noticed that while in stand-by, the Duo2 is heating quite a lot (especially around the tuners side and on the left back-side as well)
Did you notice that as well ?

I also presume that when in deep-sleep mode, the system cannot be accessed any more on the LAN ?

Thx,
GS

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
The hot tuners are pretty normal, no problems in my Duo2 after 4 months of use.

In deep standby the Duo2 has almost everything off (except for the IR sensor) and so is unaccessible from the network. However I haven't tried if Wake-on-lan still works.

yummer

BH Lover
Hi all,
I noticed that while in stand-by, the Duo2 is heating quite a lot (especially around the tuners side and on the left back-side as well)
Did you notice that as well ?

I also presume that when in deep-sleep mode, the system cannot be accessed any more on the LAN ?

Thx,
GS
Have you checked to make sure your fan control is set to operate on standby?
And as @Eragon says there is a WOL feature .... I do not use it but it is there.

GSp

Vu+ User
Have you checked to make sure your fan control is set to operate on standby?
And as @Eragon says there is a WOL feature .... I do not use it but it is there.
Thanks, I will check that. I must admint that for a newbie there are a lot of parameters to look at .....

Megs

Vu+ Newbie
Having the same heating problem issue and was wondering is having the fan on all the time even when in Standby will cause the fan to break sooner rather than later?

GSp

Vu+ User
The hot tuners are pretty normal, no problems in my Duo2 after 4 months of use.

In deep standby the Duo2 has almost everything off (except for the IR sensor) and so is unaccessible from the network. However I haven't tried if Wake-on-lan still works.

WoL works when on deep standby, that is exactly what it is done for .... ;)

GSp

Vu+ User
Having the same heating problem issue and was wondering is having the fan on all the time even when in Standby will cause the fan to break sooner rather than later?
.... sooner, most probably .....

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
WoL works when on deep standby, that is exactly what it is done for ....
WOL is only hardware based, and only within the network card, and doesn't require any processor work until the machine is wakened, so it is able to work also in deep-standby.
But generally PCs have an option in BIOS to enable/disable this functionality at the hardware level, receivers instead don't have a BIOS accessible to the user.

Last edited:

GSp

Vu+ User
WOL is only hardware based, and only within the network card, and doesn't require any processor work until the machine is wakened, so it is able to work also in deep-standby.
But generally PCs have an option in BIOS to enable/disable this functionality at the hardware level, receivers instead don't have a BIOS accessible to the user.

Yes, you are right and I know all that ; I was answering your point which said : "However I haven't tried if Wake-on-lan still works."