Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duo2 Sat & Cable epg?

Discussion in 'Vu+ Duo2 Black Hole Images' started by tommyd, Jul 4, 2015.

1. tommyd

tommyd Vu+ Newbie

I have managed to update satelllite epg using Rytec in EPG Panel via the blue button using BH 2.1.6.1 and sat works fine, I can view cable channels but no epg.

Can someone please confirm how to setup and download cable epg?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ev0

Ev0 Administrator

Who is your cable provider ?

3. Lincsat

Lincsat Vu+ User

VM cable EPG in the UK is supported by Rytec in CrossEPG. Unfortunately BH don't support the native VM EPG yet despite the link to the O-E fix being posted some Months ago. Your best bet currently, if using VM in the UK, is to use CrossEPG.

4. Ev0

Ev0 Administrator

It doesn't work as the "fix" is not compatible with Vu+ / BH coding.

If users need to use the VM "fix" then they are better off using the OpenBlackHole image instead.

5. tommyd

tommyd Vu+ Newbie

Sorry for not getting back sooner, but, I managed to sort it......

You have to use cross epg and the script in the rytec file (mentioned above server by others) needed altered very slightly to make it work, I have uploaded working altered file since a lot of other members have viewed this subject, perhaps it will be included in next BH image update/release.

Download and unzip the file below, replace existing in usr/crossepg/providers using ftp, restart box, configure in cross epg to select provider (above), then download epg (can take a little while, but be patient it is worth it).

Btw I did try the OBH image and didn't like it at all, maybe some day it will be as user friendly as the original BH image? now very happy as I am sure a lot of others will be.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

jimt, mo.p and Aky Yasin like this.
  6. Aky Yasin

Aky Yasin Vu+ Newbie

Nice one thanks i have been looking for this everywhere as nothing else would work with the black hole image.

Works perfectly.