Duo2 - using older remote

Mavcek

Vu+ Newbie
I have now replaced my Duo with a Duo2 but although the new remote is classy and nice to hold, it doesn't have all the same ability to edit video (such as pause/play keys) so I want to be able to use the remote from my Duo. Is there a way to get the old remote to work with the Duo2?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
You have to use the plugin Remote code on the Duo2, then accordingly you have to change also the code on the Duo2 remote (otherwise it won't work any longer), following the instructions below.

In your case the code to use is Mode 1 (Solo/Duo)

6. System Code Change.

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to control. The default system code is Mode 2.

Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / DUO2
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.

Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press HELP
3. Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

Last edited:

Mavcek

Vu+ Newbie
[quotI302"]You have to use thedidnt Drin Remote code on the Duo2, then accordingly you have to change also the code on the Duo2 remote (otherwise it won't work any longer), following the instructions below.

In your case the code to use is Mode 1 (Solo/Duo)

6. System Code Change.

You can change the system code of your Vu+ universal RCU according to the Vu+ model that you want to control. The default system code is Mode 2.

Mode 1 : SOLO / DUO
Mode 2 : UNO / DUO2
Mode 3 & 4 : reserved for future models.

Press <<2 + 7>>, <HELP>, <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>

1. Press 2 and 7 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press HELP
3. Press <0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004>
[/quote]

I did already try this but it didnt seem to work, I tried again and its now working, thanks for your help anyway!

majkelllo

Vu+ Newbie
hi
i had to buy new remote control for my VU DUO
i bought a RC with led light -
the RC doesnt work with my VU -
when i press any button led is on
but when i press 2+7 as in manual to swith mode nothing happens
what am i doing wrong?