Duo2 video output problem

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Just installed Blackhole 3.0.2e in my Duo2, coming from the old 2.1.5. No problem using HDMI out, but for many reasons I must use analog out, too. Two big issues here: 1) Main menu is "out of screen" on the left part. Maybe any skin-related problem? Tried only default skin. If so, could you please suggest another very simple, black skin similar to default one? 2) Kodi is absolutely unuseful via analog video out! Black screen and no chance to control the receiver in any way! Please note that Kodi is main reason because I updated my box. Any solution please? Thanks.

Matrix10

Administrator
Just installed Blackhole 3.0.2e in my Duo2, coming from the old 2.1.5. No problem using HDMI out, but for many reasons I must use analog out, too. Two big issues here: 1) Main menu is "out of screen" on the left part. Maybe any skin-related problem? Tried only default skin. If so, could you please suggest another very simple, black skin similar to default one? 2) Kodi is absolutely unuseful via analog video out! Black screen and no chance to control the receiver in any way! Please note that Kodi is main reason because I updated my box. Any solution please? Thanks.

This is not a problem of the skin but your TV , overscan.
There are possibilities

1.setup your TV if you can.
2.attempt to use UI position setup plugin in the green panel (green button)
3.Try to use an older skin 1280 x 720 from BH server .

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Thank you for your useful reply. Using UI setup in Green Panel I was able to move menu screen, now it seems good but it was better in old image. I saved an old skin called Eclipse from previous image, attempted to FTP the entire skin folder in /usr/share/enigma2, but I was not able to select it from Skin menu. In this menu I see only Default Skin, it seems the other skin does not exist but it is there, don't know why. I made the same operation last time I updated my box and it worked. Maybe that old skin is not compatible with new BH image..... any advice? Also, what about Kodi? Do you know the reason why it is not available through analog video out? Thank you for your help.

Matrix10

Administrator
Thank you for your useful reply. Using UI setup in Green Panel I was able to move menu screen, now it seems good but it was better in old image. I saved an old skin called Eclipse from previous image, attempted to FTP the entire skin folder in /usr/share/enigma2, but I was not able to select it from Skin menu. In this menu I see only Default Skin, it seems the other skin does not exist but it is there, don't know why. I made the same operation last time I updated my box and it worked. Maybe that old skin is not compatible with new BH image..... any advice? Also, what about Kodi? Do you know the reason why it is not available through analog video out? Thank you for your help.

You have Eclipse on BH image server

green button>>yellow>>Addons Download Manager>>Black Hole image skins

Im not using analog so I do not know

Gigantone

Vu+ User
I made some tests and found the problem. It is just Kodi's GUI video resolution locked at 1280x720p. Obviously this resolution is not PAL compliant, so I have black screen using common A/V connection. Playing any video file, signal is present on analogue out, too. Any possible solution in next BH update? Adding 576i resolution for Kodi's user interface would solve the problem. What do you think?