Duo2 DUO2 with two twin tuners and two available LNB channels

Dave Wood

Vu+ Newbie
Can anyone advise.

I have two spare LNB channels to support a new DUO2
I want the DUO2 to be able to record as many channels simultaneously and appreciate some limitations re the V&H polarisation. Hence I am buying two twin tuners. (A new Sat dish with more LNB's to follow latter)

I note I have loopthrough configuration capability on each tuner between ch A and CH B but assume I could also split each LNB channel. Currently I cannot easily get extra feeds into the room. Do I configure as below with A=B and C=D. I assume I cannot internaly switch/ map feeds from A-C as they are seperate cards.

Device LNB Tuner

DUO2 ch1 tuner A
DUO2 tuner B
DUO2 ch2 tuner C
DUO2 tuner D

Appreciate any comments and advise.

Regards
Dave

Dave Wood

Vu+ Newbie
Can anyone advise.

I have two spare LNB channels to support a new DUO2
I want the DUO2 to be able to record as many channels simultaneously and appreciate some limitations re the V&H polarisation. Hence I am buying two twin tuners. (A new Sat dish with more LNB's to follow latter)

I note I have loopthrough configuration capability on each tuner between ch A and CH B but assume I could also split each LNB channel. Currently I cannot easily get extra feeds into the room. Do I configure as below with A=B and C=D. I assume I cannot internaly switch/ map feeds from A-C as they are seperate cards.

Device LNB Tuner
DUO2 ch1 tuner A
DUO2 tuner B
DUO2 ch2 tuner C
DUO2 tuner D

Appreciate any comments and advise.

Regards
Dave

Update
I have been advised the best strategy is to use two LNB splitters with each SAT cable driving the two i/p's of each tuner card. Obviously I am therefore limited to the same ch and polarisation for each tuner card. There is no loopback o/p capability so this is the best I can achieve until I run another two LNB sat connections into the room.
I have looked at stacker/destackers but they are expensive and therefore I will wait until I install a 2nd Sat dish with an Octal LNB .

Andrew Cropper

Vu+ Newbie
I also have the duo2 with the two twin tuners in the rear and I am very confused!

I have a quad lnb on the dish however only two wires are connected to my duo2. The other 2 are connected to a sky+ box in a bedroom.

What is the best way to set this up? If I have a wire connected into tuner A and C. Do I use the loop through wire to go from B to D?

What would be the software configuration?

What splitters are needed? What is the best way to get the best out of the box and recording abilities?

Help please......(dummies guide if possible)

riccardomagno

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry friends I'm not sure about the right section of my post but I have this problem with VU+Duo 2, 1 tuner sat and 1 DDT tuner, Black Hole Galaxy 2.06, but when I record from sat tuners every other sat channel is lost (no tuner free...) the problem is the sat tuner (not... dual....) nim AVL 2108 nim cdx 1978....

outremer

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry friends I'm not sure about the right section of my post but I have this problem with VU+Duo 2, 1 tuner sat and 1 DDT tuner, Black Hole Galaxy 2.06, but when I record from sat tuners every other sat channel is lost (no tuner free...) the problem is the sat tuner (not... dual....) nim AVL 2108 nim cdx 1978....
Watching a channel while recording another with a single tuner is only achievable on the same transponder assuming your CAM module has multidecrypt capability.

Last edited by a moderator: