Ultimo DVB S2 Dual Tuner

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
I bought a brand new Ultimo and one "Advanced DVB S2 Dual Tuner" At the box for the DVB Tuner it is written "Note: Please use the "C" tuner slot only, if used for ULTIMO. When I start the VU there is no "C" slot, not even a "B" slot, only "A" slot. Even if there is no DBS Tuner in the "A" slot a can configure it with selected Satellites. Start searching and there is nothing to find, of course. If I put the DBS tuner in the "A" slot, the Tuner configuration is blank. This is with the Image that comes with the new ULTIMO. If I change Image to Open Pli 6.1 I got 2 slots A and B, but no C. Same thing with a Black Hole Image.
Why don´t I get 3 slots in the Images? I have done this with 2 diff machines and DBS Tuners, and there is the same result!! I can´t search any channels because there is no "C" slot visible.
Anyone can figure out the problem??
I would be very grateful.
Tahoe

Tururu

BH Lover
@Tahoe
VU+Ultimo or VU+Ultimo4K. ????

VU+Ultimo for commenting on a forero does not support the double / twin tuner, sees it as simple.
Solo It admits simple tuner of satelite.

VU+Ultimo4K, Tuner A + Tuner B ==> FBC., Tuner C supports normal tuner, TDT/Cable and SAT Dual Tuner
The one you bought, I think it's for the VU+Ultimo4K
---------------
VU+Ultimo ó VU+Ultimo4K. ????

VU+Ultimo por comentaros del un forero no soporta el tuner doble/twin, lo ve como sencillo.
Solo Admite tuner sencillos de satelite.

VU+Ultimo4K, Tuner A+Tuner B ==> FBC., Tuner C admite tuner normal, TDT/Cable y Tuner SAT doble
El que compraste creo que es para el VU+Ultimo4K

DVB-S2 twin.
DUO2_Azul_verde_tuner_doble_sencillo.jpg

Tururu

BH Lover
VU+Ultimo, It only supports simple satellite tuner.
VU+Ultimo4K, OK.

VU+Ultimo.jpg
VU+Ultimo.jpg

VU+Ultimo4K.
3_tuner_abc.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the answer. The box is VU + Ultimo. No 4K.
Tururu, what is the marking around the capacitor on the picture above??

Tururu

BH Lover
Thanks for the answer. The box is VU + Ultimo. No 4K.
Tururu, what is the marking around the capacitor on the picture above??
OK...VU+Ultimo.
It is the difference so that they can be mounted on the VU + Solo SE V2, the marked capacitor is mounted on the other side and does not stick with any component of the motherboard (PCB).

Green plate, mounted on one side...VUPLUS_DUAL-S2 V.1.0 2012.11.02. 00-1102709-01
Blue plate, mounted on the other side...VUPLUS_DUAL-S2 V.1.1 2015.02.16. 00-1102709-02
A colleague bought it and prepared the photo at the time to see the change that had to be made, the tuners are the same.
-----------
OK...VU+Ultimo.
Es la diferencia para que se puedan montar en el VU+Solo SE V2, el condensador marcado se monta por la otra cara y no se pega con algun componente de la placa base (PCB).

Placa verde, montado en un lado..VUPLUS_DUAL-S2 V.1.0 2012.11.02. 00-1102709-01
Placa azul, montado por la otra cara..VUPLUS_DUAL-S2 V.1.1 2015.02.16. 00-1102709-02
Un compañero lo compro y prepare la foto en su momento para que viera el cambio que tenia que hacer, los tuner son iguales.

DUO2_SOLO4K_SoloSEV2_tuner.jpg

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, can I make my tuner to fit in my VU + Ultimo, or do I have to go to the store and change it?

Tururu

BH Lover
No.
Do I have to go to the store and change it? Yes.
The Vu+Ultimo does not support dual satellite tuner.

Last edited:

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Tururu, I think I will change the hole Box to Ultimo 4k instead..... I realised that even the box is new, it is from 2012. Better to buy the new one. :)

Tururu

BH Lover
@Tahoe
In another Spanish website also sell it for VU+DUO and VU+Ultimo.
They ask that it be mounted in slot C, it does not indicate if they also have to be the tuners of Slot A and Slot B.
If you put it in slot C and start the image, what do you have in tuner? You always have to configure it before searching channels.
In general, if you use slot C without more tuner, you should have Tuner A and Tuner B (twin).
You will comment, luck.
-------------
En otra web española tambien lo vendel para el VU+DUO y VU+Ultimo.
Piden que se monte en el slot C, no indica si tienen que estar tambien los tuner del Slot A y Slot B.
Si lo pones en el slot C y arrancas la imagen, que tienes en sintonizacion/tuner? siempre se tiene que configurar antes de buscar canales.
En general, si usas el slot C sin mas tuner, tendrias que tener Tuner A y Tuner B (es doble).
Ya comentaras, suerte.

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Tururu, I went to the shop today to change the box to a Ultimo 4K, but they havent any at home. Never the less, I changed the tuner to two singel tuners, and now it is up and running. Everything is in order now. Thank you for the help. :)

superglud

BH Lover
No.
Do I have to go to the store and change it? Yes.
The Vu+Ultimo does not support dual satellite tuner.

I have a Vu+Ultimo (not 4k) and it supports "Dual S2 tuner" but only in slot C.
So the Vu+Ultimo can support 4 tuners in total ... 1(A)+1(B)+2(C)

Best regards

Tahoe

Vu+ Newbie
It is fixed now. Today I have two Simpel Tuners in slot A + B, and works like a Rolex..... Problem solved. :)
Thanks everybody for all your help, it was very nice. :)

Tururu

BH Lover
I have a Vu+Ultimo (not 4k) and it supports "Dual S2 tuner" but only in slot C.
So the Vu+Ultimo can support 4 tuners in total ... 1(A)+1(B)+2(C)
Best regards
No. 1(A)+1(B)+2(C) ==> 1(A)+1(B)+0(C):no:
Guaranteed operation with 2 simple tuners.
It was a test that asked the partner, see if placing the double tuner in slot C sees the 2 tuner.

The companion Docctore tested this double tuner in about +6 years ago and I remember that I commented that in Tuner C if I saw it, in the others I did not, for other issues I do not remember if I had the 2 tuner available A and B, so ask if I could watch it.

The second-hand VU+DUO2 is at 200-250€ with 2 satellite tuner and 2 TDT, the 4K receivers for only +230€ satellite (8 tuner).
-----------
No. 1(A)+1(B)+2(C) ==> 1(A)+1(B)+0(C):no:
Garantizado el funcionamiento con 2 tuner sencillos.
Fue una prueba que le pedia al compañero, mirar si colocando el tuner doble en el slot C ve los 2 tuner.

El compañero Docctore probo este tuner doble en hace unos +6 años y recuerdo que comento que en el Tuner C si lo veia, en los otros no, por otros temas no recuerdo si tenia los 2 tuner disponibles A y B, por eso pregunte si lo podia mirar.

El VU+DUO2 de segunda mano esta a 200-250€ con 2 tuner de satelite y 2 de TDT, los receptores 4K por solo +230€ satelite (8 tuner).