DVB T subtitles delay

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
Lately I have detected delaying of DVB T (and T2) channels subtitles. This tiny delay (fraction of second) is particularly detecable changing over from VU+ to TV-receiver. What may evoke the delay?
VU+ Duo2, fw 2.1.7.

AlexWilMac

2.1.7 is in the prehistory. Maybe your box is overwhelmed with plugins and the image does not run smoothly and that's why you have only now this problem.
Unfortunately, users tend to fill the image in plugins.

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
2.1.7 is in the prehistory. ...
Thanks! I agree the 2.1.7 is the prehistory. What is the newer fw you recommend? How should I store all settings before to start new fw?
Sorry, I feel that the renewing process will be painful as the box has served me many years without any problem.

AlexWilMac

The settings, if you had searched a few minutes, are easy to be saved in many ways:
1) by the OWIF (OpenWebInterface) from a browser.
2) By a software for your PC.

How can I recommend any image if you did not even tell what VU+ you have? If it powerful, you have both choices, BH and OBH. If it's an old model, you should adopt OBH, at least in flash, and you might install BH in multiboot.

nunigaia

The settings, if you had searched a few minutes, are easy to be saved in many ways:
1) by the OWIF (OpenWebInterface) from a browser.
2) By a software for your PC.

How can I recommend any image if you did not even tell what VU+ you have? If it powerful, you have both choices, BH and OBH. If it's an old model, you should adopt OBH, at least in flash, and you might install BH in multiboot.

Lately I have detected delaying of DVB T (and T2) channels subtitles. This tiny delay (fraction of second) is particularly detecable changing over from VU+ to TV-receiver. What may evoke the delay?
VU+ Duo2, fw 2.1.7.

Duo2 :) --> https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-3-0-9-c-vu-duo2.39735/ , do an online update of the image.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Anyway, if 2.1.7 was as 3.0.9 is (and I think so) you can adjust subtitles delay or anticipation by BLUE/BLUE and the Subtitles settings.

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys! The 3.0.9 is safely on board. Now I try to get the channels logos onto the small LCD. Unfortunately I have forgotten all the procedure. Would be great if anybody can help me how to do this.