Solo2 Electronic scheme needed!

bpodnar

Vu+ Newbie
If someone has it please send it to {Edit }

Thank you!

Please no write email on post [ bogdanm ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick12334

Perhaps if you explained the problem, as there are other threads, regarding repairs, including pictures of the motherboard, and some capacitors.
Check the VU+ dead red light thread, but there are other threads, depending on your specific problem.

bpodnar

Vu+ Newbie
It is problem with HDMI port which is not working after thunderstorm. Receiver was connected to TV which has been striked by lightning. All is functioning well on receiver except hdmi port. I was told that the only remedy is to replace mainboard but warranty is outdated and mainboard is too expencive to change so I 've decided to try repair it.

Sent from my LG G3

Mick12334

You can try the vu+ home website, but I'm not sure they'll provide the information, instead they will probably advise you to get a new motherboard.
You might check with your home insurance, if you have any, as sometimes they will cover damaged electronics.
Code:
http://vuplus.com/

bpodnar

Vu+ Newbie
unfortunately I dont have Home insurance. One thing is not clear to me and it is about device warranty. I purchased Solo2 last year in April and got 1-year warranty and few days ago I saw that Vu+ gives 2-year warranty in all other EU countries. Why the hell warranty is cutted to 1-year period here in Croatia? Could I ask VU+ in Germany to accept my receiver under warranty?

Mick12334

The 1 year warranty might be separate, from your supplier, why not contact vu+, tell them when you bought the receiver, and the problem, without telling them your location, and see what they have to say about the 2 year warranty.
You might also not want to mention the lightning strike.
At the very least they might provide you with a new motherboard, for free, or at a much reduced price.

bpodnar

Vu+ Newbie
I did contacted them few minutes a go. Told them about 1-year warranty in Croatia because I cant lie about where I purchased the receiver.

Sent from my LG G3

Mick12334

It will be interesting to hear if there is a general 2 year warranty, or any warranty, and what it covers. I can't understand how they can make Croatia an exception, but they might regarding a lightning strike, as I think insurance companies used to class this as an act of god.
Good luck, and please keep us informed.
I should imagine it might take some time, before they respond, hopefully you will get it repaired, and help others, in a similar situation.

Giampitt

Vu+ User
Hello, i'm in a similar situation, but in my case i don't know why but my scart and rca doesn't work, while hdmi works.
I've searched a lot for electronics scheme but i haven't found that. But in my case i have found the datasheet of a chip similar to bcm7356 (the "cpu" of the solo2) and found that it generate the analogic and digital output, there isn't another dedicated IC, so now i must test all the mosfet and everything else from chip to scart. If all works the problem is the main chip.
Let me know if you will find that schemes

bpodnar

Vu+ Newbie
My box is repaired whole mainboard is changed and all was done under warranty in main dealership service! The new mainboard is about 150 € but I got it for free and now all is excellent!!! :D