embedded videoplayer / KODI / subtitles

Hi everyone

I am terribly sorry if this question has been answered a trillion times already, but I have been looking for days now with no luck.

I recently bought a duo2 set top, and I am somewhere between excited and frustrated so far. As for sat-functions I am thrilled with everything so far, but I have serrriious issues with playback of media files both through the embedded player and when started through KODI.

The player seems fairly "rough" and somewhat basic. I have problems with flowing navigation (I seem to be limited to pure VHS-basics - play, pause, stop, forward, back - and with no navigational indicators.

Further more, I have installed an add-on for Opensubtitle-support, but cannot access it during play back (agreed, this is probably due to poor tech-skills on my part, but help would still be greatly appreciated).

So - questions:

Can I get rid of the embedded player and install a different one - if so, which one is generally considered "best" - I need it to be fairly intuitive and and smooth if possible.

How the bleeping.."#€"# do I access the subtitle-download-function?

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

nunigaia

Hi everyone

I am terribly sorry if this question has been answered a trillion times already, but I have been looking for days now with no luck.

I recently bought a duo2 set top, and I am somewhere between excited and frustrated so far. As for sat-functions I am thrilled with everything so far, but I have serrriious issues with playback of media files both through the embedded player and when started through KODI.

The player seems fairly "rough" and somewhat basic. I have problems with flowing navigation (I seem to be limited to pure VHS-basics - play, pause, stop, forward, back - and with no navigational indicators.

Further more, I have installed an add-on for Opensubtitle-support, but cannot access it during play back (agreed, this is probably due to poor tech-skills on my part, but help would still be greatly appreciated).

So - questions:

Can I get rid of the embedded player and install a different one - if so, which one is generally considered "best" - I need it to be fairly intuitive and and smooth if possible.

How the bleeping.."#€"# do I access the subtitle-download-function?

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Yes, you can take a look here on this section --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...mediaplayer2-as-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/, read carefully, use the latest versions, and install it at and configure at your desire.

best regards
nunigaia